GTR Forum banner

641 - 660 of 687 Posts

·
Banned
18 Posts
Good day everyone! It's good to be here. I must say that one of the positive side of staying at home is that I have more time browse and stay active in the forum. I love seeing all your posted pictures, it helps my mind to escape from all the covid-19 negativities.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Hello,

My name is Juan Luis from Spain and owner of a R34 GTR standard late model with few parts of vspec model and some goodies on engine
IMG-20200309-WA0001.jpg

I hope i can learn here too much about my GTR and gonna try to contribute with my knowledge, im acquainted with RBs engines because im owner too of an S13 with rb25det neo engine fully forged and tuned by me

See ya through the forum(y)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hey, ReSuperG. I saw your R32 back in 2017 when I lived in Florida at the Deerfield car meet by the Buffalo Wild Wings. That was one of the nicest looking Nissan Skyline R32 GTR I have laid my eyes upon, and I usually prefer the gunmetal grey color for the R32s. I still have a picture of your car on my phone. A lot of the R32s in the US seem to be trashed up. Did you paint the car yourself?

Welcome Stuart! That R33 looks really nice in that color and looks like it was taken care of!

Very nice car! And you are right, the Americans are really crazy with these imports. I was looking at buying a 944 I had my eyes on back in 2013, when they were selling for less than $5,000 USD. Now they have skyrocketed due to things like media, youtubers, shows, etc. I hope you enjoy that car and take good care of it!

Thanks for the kind words bro, I really appreciate it. I had a buddy paint the car when I first got it from Japan, and he did an amazing job. Next time you see the car at a meet come say whats up.

·
Registered
2 Posts
We've never had a dedicated Newbie forum, but it might be nice to have a thread for the new guys to say "Hi" on.

Perhaps tell us a bit about you and your car. And don't forget to start your Garage in the link above. You might find it takes a while for some features (images) to become active, but it's worth the wait.

Welcome to the family!

Mook
Name's Tommy, I come from the United States of America. I have been a Skyline fan for as long as I can remember... sadly i currently do not item a Skyline but I am looking into it. If anyone had any ideas about how hard it would be to get one or how much it will hurt my wallet, it would be greatly appreciated. !!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi everybody,

I'm Ian I'm from Cork, Ireland.

I imported a TH1 r32 gtr 2 years ago I'm just getting it ready to go on the road now.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hey hey people,

Just signed up, always been a massive fan of the 80's and 90's Nissan's and am finally getting back in one after driving around in a diesel Audi for far too long. I'm in the process of importing a Nissan Stagea through Torque GT so I'll most likely start some kind of project/progress thread at some point...

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi all.
Been a dreamer since the age of 20. Started with 350z GT4 which was played around with for years, forged and other bits.
Went to and Audi s6 as I got married and had a kid.
Now at 36 I earn enough money to join the GTR club.
Today I purchased my dream car, brand new 20 plate black prestige. ABSOLUTELY BUZZING! Got 10 days until pickup. Gonna be a loooong 10 days.
Any advice for looking after her is welcome. First job is probably some sort of PPF so any recommended companies for this for example would be helpful. I’m near Peterborough.
Thanks for the Newbie page and look forward to wading through all the posts!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi all.
Been a dreamer since the age of 20. Started with 350z GT4 which was played around with for years, forged and other bits.
Went to and Audi s6 as I got married and had a kid.
Now at 36 I earn enough money to join the GTR club.
Today I purchased my dream car, brand new 20 plate black prestige. ABSOLUTELY BUZZING! Got 10 days until pickup. Gonna be a loooong 10 days.
Any advice for looking after her is welcome. First job is probably some sort of PPF so any recommended companies for this for example would be helpful. I’m near Peterborough.
Thanks for the Newbie page and look forward to wading through all the posts!
View attachment 262208
View attachment 262209 View attachment 262210 View attachment 262211
Hi RicD,

The GTR looks fantastic, brilliant choice of spec! I just so happen to run a detailing company called BlackRiverDetails just outside Petersfield so I can give you some recommendations for detailers that I would trust myself that aren't too far away from you. My first choice would be Ultimate Finish based just outside of the Brands Hatch race circuit the second pick would be White Details which is slightly closer to you just outside Lincoln.

Ultimate Finish: XPEL ULTIMATE Plus Paint Protection Film (PPF)
White Details: Contact - White Details

Also I know you're itching to get behind the wheel but I would highly recommend that you have the car transported in an enclosed transporter to your detailer of choice to get it detailed and PPF'd before you put any miles on it, that way there's no risk of the car picking up any stone chips or scratches before it reaches the detailer. I've had some new Audi's and BMW's in recently for detailing work and they were peppered with stone chips on the lower sills, wheel arches and lower portions of the door along with some on the front bumper. This is on cars that only had a couple thousand miles on them! The new water based paints that manufacturers are using seems to be getting thinner and softer from what I've seen.

Let me know if you any detailing related questions, I'd be happy to help (y)

Kyan Jogoo,
BlackRiverDetails

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi RicD,

The GTR looks fantastic, brilliant choice of spec! I just so happen to run a detailing company called BlackRiverDetails just outside Petersfield so I can give you some recommendations for detailers that I would trust myself that aren't too far away from you. My first choice would be Ultimate Finish based just outside of the Brands Hatch race circuit the second pick would be White Details which is slightly closer to you just outside Lincoln.

Ultimate Finish: XPEL ULTIMATE Plus Paint Protection Film (PPF)
White Details: Contact - White Details

Also I know you're itching to get behind the wheel but I would highly recommend that you have the car transported in an enclosed transporter to your detailer of choice to get it detailed and PPF'd before you put any miles on it, that way there's no risk of the car picking up any stone chips or scratches before it reaches the detailer. I've had some new Audi's and BMW's in recently for detailing work and they were peppered with stone chips on the lower sills, wheel arches and lower portions of the door along with some on the front bumper. This is on cars that only had a couple thousand miles on them! The new water based paints that manufacturers are using seems to be getting thinner and softer from what I've seen.

Let me know if you any detailing related questions, I'd be happy to help (y)

Kyan Jogoo,
BlackRiverDetails
Hi Kyan

Thanks very much for your advice. I will definitely look into these guys.

I did ask to get the car transported to me but unfortunately due to part ex and stuff with the dealer, I have to do the drive to Aberdeen to pick up.

I'll get this sorted asap and will just have to hope I don't pick any up on the 400 trip home 😬 Damn I'm going to enjoy those miles though!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Did I say 10 days? MAKE THAT 2 DAYS! Decided to go up tomorrow night and get a hotel so I am nice and fresh to pick up the beast on Tuesday morning. Can't bloody wait!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi guys
My name is lee and I’m new to the gtr club and I need some advice on having a tracker fitted to my R35 I’m in Notts area anybody know of companies in my area that fit them?
I look forward to seeing you guys at meets etc
See you soon
Lee

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello, i am Björn from Luxembourg. Nice to find connections worldwide :cool: i'm driving an 350z and an r32gtr tommykaira, best regards to the whole forum

·
Registered
1 Posts
hot sales product, Ignition Coil Bracket(adapter kit ) for NISSAN SKYLINE R32 R33 R34 GTR RB26DETT NISSAN SKYLINE R33 GTST RB25DET TO SUIT VR38DETT R35 GTR COILPACK,The result is a much-improved ignition performance and efficiency, you are welcome to contact me with [email protected] or whatsapp +86-17767191734 or wechat 19715604

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi there,
I am a big petrolhead and have mainly German and American cars as playthings for many years. My son asked me to look at an R33 GT-R about a year ago and although he loved it he could not get an insurance quote below €6,000 so he had to pass on it but after having driven it myself I fell in love with it and so bought it for myself, much to my son's delight ... not! :)
After having some fun with it its now time to make it as it should be so that means a repaint and to brighten up the engine bay and maybe add some horsepower in the process. I hope that likeminded people here will be able to help me to get her to be the best she can be.

Paul.

1997 Skyline R33 GT-R Series lll

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hello,
Since a few days, I'm the new french owner of an R32 GTR which is nearly full stock.
I just got it before holidays so the timing was perfect :D
I have other nice cars too.

I will post a new topic to introduce the car and the project.

Thank you ;)

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hi Everyone,

My name is Rob and I have been lurking around the forum reading everything for the last 12 or so years. I have finally decided that maybe I should make an account and finally post something!

An R34 GTR has always been my dream car, but the constant increase in prices has pushed that dream further and further back

I should hopefully be in the position to buy a bit of a beater in a year or two, but until then I am restoring a 1995 Toyota Supra.

This is the first R34 I ever saw in real life back in 2009/2010 at the Silverstone classic, and as a 14 year old I was sold, I had to have one. Does anyone know what this car looks like today? The reg is still on a skyline according to the DVLA.

Also, many thanks to the owner of this car for letting me sit in it in 2013:

(Thats very excited 17 year old me in the drivers seat)

I hope to one day soon buy one of my own. But until then, I will keep following the forum!

Many Thanks,

Rob

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi , this is my first post, and its taken years to get to posting for me.
i have never been one for these forums, but looking round here, its great.

·
Registered
1995 Skyline R33 GTR Nismo V-Spec ( R28 )1999 Nismo R34 GTR V-Spec 1991 R32 GTR.
170 Posts
Hello, even though I'm not from the UK I thought I would join your group forum due to the Canada/United States one is very low on activity. I have bought a 1995 Skyline R33 GTR V-spec, from Japan. I bought it already built, engine, suspension, drivetrain, electronics, much easier on the pocket that way. All I can say it beats the stuffing out of my race ( road track ) Z28!!!!

641 - 660 of 687 Posts