GTR Forum banner

141 - 160 of 633 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi mate. It ses I don't have permission to pm you. Can you inbox me a contact number and I'll text you some details and pictures. Pete

·
Registered
638 Posts
Been around the Skyline screen for a few years and thought I'd better say Kon'nichiwa as I will be moving to England shortly.

:wavey:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi all, longtime GTR enthusiast from the US. Looking forward to one day getting a '92-94 R32 GTR once they become legalized here (25+ years old).

·
Registered
110 Posts
Newbie Introduction Looking To Buy An R32 GTR

Hi Everyone,

I'm new to the forum and have never owned a Skyline.

I've always liked the R32 GTR's and have decided to buy one and join GTR.co.uk.

Maybe someone could help find a car ideally a clean modified R32 GTR forged if possible my budget is circa £12k ish I've looked on Ebay, Autotrader, Harlow Jap Auto's there are a couple I've seen and like the one I would have viewed has been sold.

Would appreciate any suggestions if you have seen a car for sale online that may suit my needs please post the details or pm me.

Many thanks!

M

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks :) Well I need to learn from the scratch I would say, I recon I will spend my free time here now :)
Taking it tomorrow in the garrage to change oil check suspension and just do a service..
Can I just ask, in the car is apexi fc comander, is there anything I can adjust with it, or its better if I dont touch it? there is boost controler with it as well.

·
Premium Member
5,760 Posts
My recomendation would be to look in the projects section to start with, find a car similar to yours and spend a few days ignoring your friends and family and neglecting your day job to read through it. This will teach you a lot, enough to then start searching out info without having to ask the very basic questions.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Hello!
Bought myself a R33 GTR V-Spec one week ago.
Norwegian living in Norway, but this forum is a great place to gain knowledge.
Planning to keep my car clean. It's 100% stock now, except Bilstein PSS9 coilovers. My plans now is new wheels and catback exhaust.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,760 Posts
That looks nice buddy and I agree about the plan to keep it clean and true to the original design - with the exception of alloys, suspension (lowered) and the exhaust.

If it is running stock boost I would be very tempted to get it running 1 bar and the exhaust to your noise preferences. Stock airbox is fine.

·
Registered
83 Posts
That looks nice buddy and I agree about the plan to keep it clean and true to the original design - with the exception of alloys, suspension (lowered) and the exhaust.

If it is running stock boost I would be very tempted to get it running 1 bar and the exhaust to your noise preferences. Stock airbox is fine.
Maybe a Apexi induction kit also. Yes it's running on stock boost level now. Wouldn't I need a remap if I increase the level to 1 bar?

·
Premium Member
5,760 Posts
The apexi induction kits are good. Some of the others (the mesh or foam ones) in my opinion are junk.

If going to 1 bar I would recommend getting it tuned to ensure you aren't seeing any detonation and that everything is running ok. I don't think you will need aftermarket tuning although when I had mine, I think it had a mines VX aftermarket ROM (non programmable ECU but tweeked by MINES for the added fuel).

1 bar will make the car feel great. If you happen to have steel internal turbos then you can run a little bit more which will give a touch more power.

141 - 160 of 633 Posts