GTR Forum banner

Newbie? - Introduce yourself...

123K views 726 replies 437 participants last post by  NadiaBryan 
#1 ·
We've never had a dedicated Newbie forum, but it might be nice to have a thread for the new guys to say "Hi" on.

Perhaps tell us a bit about you and your car. And don't forget to start your Garage in the link above. You might find it takes a while for some features (images) to become active, but it's worth the wait.

Welcome to the family!

Mook

#438 ·
Hello all,

Another proud (KH2 Gunmetal) R32 owner here in Southern California! It has been a long road to be able to get this car. I have been into the Nissan scene for over 20 years and have owned many S13 and S14 240sx's (over ten I think) since 1997. I did my own SR20 swap back in 1998 on my first S13 and tracked most of the cars I owned. I also swapped an RB25DET into one of my S13's back in 2003 along with some R32 GT-R factory wheels and GT-R style grill with a Silva face in an attempt to make a mini-Skyline since I couldn't actually have a real one, haha. Of course, there's nothing like the real thing! When I first saw an R32 in Option car magazine back in 1995, I instantly fell in love. The cars built by HKS, Midori Service Center, Garage Saurus, Mine's, Esprit, etc. always stood out from the crowd. Then there are the Group A and N1 cars that I still get an automotive boner at every time I look at. I told myself that I will own one someday. Of course at that time, being 18 years old with no money, and the cars not being 25 years old yet and Motorex not in business at that point, it was only a pipe dream. Fast forward 22 years, and much like a kid that never forgot his first elementary school crush, I've finally made the move.

Being meticulous and slightly OCD, I wanted a car that was mostly stock (100% stock and unmolested if possible) and a grade 3.5 or above and for the right price, obviously very easy to find :headshake: I also wanted a '92 and up, as they had the series 2 RB26 with the improved oil pump drive collar and a couple other minor improvements here and there. I plan on doing the typical bolt-on mods that most people do, like suspension, HICAS elimination and stage 1 engine mods to make it more reliable and quicker. It won't be a daily driver, as I want to keep the car in good shape and do improvements here and there, so if it's on jack stands for a week or two in the garage, it's no big deal. I'm a big believer in keeping cars "period correct", so the '90s parts/theme will definitely be a priority. I'll take it out for cruises, canyon fun, and occasional track duty (and of course, Race Warz, :wink: ).

I have been actively looking for a car for about 4 months now. I talked to most of the major JDM importers throughout the states, and kept checking in regularly with incoming cars still on the ocean. The good cars usually would sell instantly, or sometimes even before they land in the states. This was a little frustrating, as typically the cars that are here still on the lot for sale are either high mileage, abused, highly modded, rusted out, too expensive, or all of the above. Luckily I am a rather patient person by nature (well, for the most part) and finally found a car that ticked all the boxes. I talked to the importer and we were able to secure a deal that we were both happy with. It is a 1992 model, 51k miles (82k km), and mostly stock. It has a full Nismo Weldina exhaust system (which comes with Nismo downpipes and twin sport cats) which is pretty rare, as it's not cheap (about $3800 new when it was available) and also 17x9 Tommy Kaira 2 piece wheels, which are also rather rare, and super '90s style, which I dig. It has a few minor issues here and there, like a scrape on the front bumper and the rear, ding in the trunk by the keyhole, the C-pillar trim is de-laminating on the driver side, and the stock steering wheel has seen better days. All-in-all, the car is very solid though, and doesn't have the typical "dash bubble" and the window trims/moldings are like brand new.

The next hurdle is the registration process. Being smog-Nazi California, I really wanted to get it legalized the right way with Cali plates. That's not gonna be cheap though ¯\_(***12484;)_/¯

#444 ·
Afternoon all! New R33 GTR owner from Newbury, Berkshire. May need more advice yet but the car is a 1995 Skyline GTR vspec in Red, only mod is a decat and magnex exhaust which was only changed due the original rotting out.

I've had a few Jap cars in the past from a Pulsar GTI-R and an Evo V and VI but a GTR has been on my list for a good 15 years so I'm delighted to finally get one.

Bodywork wise it needs some paint but mechanically it runs really well and I'm pleased to get hold of a standard unabused car.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

#447 ·
Nearly new!

Hi all :wavey:

Hello to those that remember me from years past, and those who don't!

Nearly back on the road after over two years out. Repairs and upgrades being done, lots of decisions (some probably bad) made about what to do. Kept the car (R33 GTS) in storage after radiator and engine failure then sent her to a garage for work. Been a long process but signs are good.

Hope you're all well, looking forward to some events in the future.

DJ

#448 ·
Hello Guys. I've just joined although been snooping through this fourum for a while. I own a R33 GTR Vspec LeMans Limited. Had this one for coming up to two years now and owned one a few years ago now to. I am also a member of a Facebook page for LeMans owners only which is

https://www.facebook.com/groups/235554510284873/

If you are a owner of a LeMans please join us, we have quite a few members across the world.

Getting back to my LM, it currently has 420 awhp with gt-ss turbos and some kelford cams. Also has the normal bolt on bits with a full haltech computer.

Attachments

#449 ·
Evening all. I'm Dom, 27 from Leeds. Just got my R32 GTR today, purchased from HJA!

The car is bone standard other than the stereo and the cat-back, I wanted one that was a nice fresh canvas. Already got some 320 clocks on the way.

Will probably get an equal length front pipe eventually and up the power. But first need to do something about the terrible standard brakes, I had read that they were not great...and that was a bit of an understatement! :eek:

Attachments

#456 ·
Hi I'm new, my name is Rich and I'm from the South West, near Bath.

I used to work for Redline magazine back in the day, and have an Impreza that's been a project for as long as I can remember but still doesn't work properly yet (pic below).

I've recently acquired an R32 GT-R rolling shell, somewhat by accident, well in fact I've now got two rolling shells by accident and will soon be selling one. I'm looking to turn the one I'm keeping into a tidy road car, around 700hp, full interior, something usable unlike the Impreza...

#457 ·
Hi,
Newbie to the forum here - name is Paul from Hampshire/Berkshire borders.

Previously owned a Toyota Supra TT GZ Aerotop, although more recently a mk1 mx5. Was looking to get another Supra but thought I'd take a look and see what the same budget would get me over on the Nissan side.

Don't know a massive amount about the cars (will be lurking and reading lots on here) but figure with a budget of about £15k early next year I should be able to snare a relatively decent R33 GTR? (Please do shout if I'm wrong though as would appreciate advice :)

Anyway, thought I'd say hi - Cheers all
Paul

#458 ·
Good evening Ladies an Gents! my names Andy im from Manchester! I recently purchased an r33 gtr which i belive to used to belong to Amir! its my first gtr its a single turbo nice example.

My previous history of cars was alot of Hondas (apologies for the swearing) from turbo b18 eg6's to k24 swapped em1 show vehicles, more recently ive had two Nissan 350z's one DE one Revup an i found myself wanting more power an performance hence why i bought one.

I hope to meet a few of the members at various meets an see if any fellow local owners are near Manchester!

Andy

#462 ·
hi im mike from ireland currently about to build a 33 gtr as its the only one affordable one to me as im a student nurse im 30 and into nissans this is my last car
zenki s14, had a navan zenki and a 2 litre gts r33 too of nissans alone had maybe 20 cars so far.

was rough and red when i got it built it to this changed every panels wrap wheels etc etc then after 2 engines one a bent conrod and the other a bottom end so sold it

but at 30 you want something a bit more serious
like this

#463 · (Edited)
Hello everybody!

My name is David. Been looking at these forums for well over a year and decided to make an account. I'm from the US and currently drive an Infiniti G37 sedan. Used to drive a 2014 Honda Civic before, and a 2012 Honda Accord before that. I found out about the Nissan Skyline series during my sophomore year in high school, which was around 5-6 years ago, and instantly fell in love with the Skyline series from the get go. I got to see my first Nissan Skyline R32 GTR a year ago and made friends with an owner of one who let me check out his car, and let me tell you that the Nissan Skylines smell really good. Also made a few friends who own a Motorex Nissan Skyline R33 GTR and I got to see around the whole car. I'm currently going to return my G37 to acquaintances and possibly buy a 2005-2008 Toyota Avalon or Camry as I'm looking to save my money up, while studying at college at the same time, until I can afford a Skyline. Looking to purchase a 1995 Nissan Skyline R33 GTR V-Spec before the year 2020, and import it into the US with the help of company once it hits 25 years. I hope I can learn a lot from everyone here on the forums and pick up tips and information about the things I need to know. It's nice to be here!

#465 ·
I’m new to Skyline, always fancied moulding my own, after coming from a Evo background, so I just purchased a R33 GT-R V-Spec fresh import, which I am looking to build a great allrounder that will make me smile on road and track, now to get this car registered ha ! [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#466 ·
Hi Guys n Gals

Just introducing me self.
me names Sham.
I've got a few friends on here as Sammie GTR and had my GTR for almost 18yrs now. Its a 1996 Le Mans GTR V Spec R33. Has been locked away a while now. Just getting some extras done do it now i.e rear air diffuser, front lip and a new spoiler but pretty much standard as it was built by Nismo back in the days.
Need a few days to get some pics up for all to check out.

#468 ·
New to this forum so just introducing myself. My name is Brad and I have a 1990 KG1 R32 GT-R and live in the USA. (Yes I am one of those ******s that made the price of these skylines skyrocket.)
Welcome, there is a small but growing number of us here.
@goinsleeper is down in your ballpark and I'm not far from you up in choo-choo

Edit: hmm, I seem to have messed up the page but you can find him. He is more active than I am.

#470 ·
Hi All,

Recently sold my S15 Spec R and have just bought a 1995 R33 GTR V Spec.
I will be the first UK owner, car has only covered 50k Kilometers. Just had a small amount of paint rectification carried out and have fitted new brake hoses.
The oil cooler has to be relocated as it has been installed horizontally under front bumper and am sure the first speed ramp would wipe it out! Hoping to be on the roads later this week!

Mark.

#471 ·
What color is she Mark??? Im trying to save up for me an R33 to put next to the 32 because there is something about the R33 I just cant get enough of. Dont get me wrong the first thing that brought me to the skyline family was the three-two but the more I look at a R33 the more I just got to have one. Also if you dont mind how much did you give for her? You can PM if you want to just trying to get a feel what one with low km are going for right now.