GTR Forum banner

Newbie? - Introduce yourself...

166K views 922 replies 501 participants last post by  Slimshady201 
#1 ·
We've never had a dedicated Newbie forum, but it might be nice to have a thread for the new guys to say "Hi" on.

Perhaps tell us a bit about you and your car. And don't forget to start your Garage in the link above. You might find it takes a while for some features (images) to become active, but it's worth the wait.

Welcome to the family!

Mook

#2 ·
hello from me

Hi just thought I would start the thread,bought my first r35 gtr christmas eve.its on a 61 plate and had a stage one.Its not my first fast car but really like it.Had a few Nissan pulsar gtirs,subarus and evos.I had the itch to get a r35 for a while and managed to save up enough to buy one.I'm in south wales area if there are ever any meets etc.big hi from me, cheers Leighton

#4 ·
Hi just thought I would start the thread,bought my first r35 gtr christmas eve.its on a 61 plate and had a stage one.Its not my first fast car but really like it.Had a few Nissan pulsar gtirs,subarus and evos.I had the itch to get a r35 for a while and managed to save up enough to buy one.I'm in south wales area if there are ever any meets etc.big hi from me, cheers Leighton
welcome I'm a ex evo owner :)

#8 ·
Hi guys, supose now is as good a time as any to introduce myself. I had been longing for a GTR since first seeing one but always kept on talking myself out of buying one because of running costs and practicality etc but I finally bit the bullet and picked up a completely standard 09 premium edition at the beginning of december, to be honest I've been kicking myself ever since for not buying one sooner! Despite being reasonably young I have owned a fair few fast cars over the years but the gtr is certainly the most well rounded, quiet, comfy and useable of the lot, not to mention the fastest. I have no plans at the moment to go mad with tuning but I do have a y-pipe and cobb accessport sitting ready to be fitted once I get home again, no doubt I wont be able to stop at just that though! Look forward to hopefully meeting some new people and hopefully tagging along on some good drives and meets. Cheers Tom

#13 ·
Newbie from Northern Ireland

Hi folks

Just registered and thought I' throw in a "newbie thread".

In the market now for my first R35 GTR. Brother used to have an 09 one but I am looking for a 63 reg 2013 or 2014 reg one. White.

Found this forum helpful in research to date so just need to get my ideal car now.

Cheers
Ronan

#16 ·
Hello all,

As a newbie to the forum, I just wanted to say hello from Yorkshire!

I am seriously impressed with the cars on the forum along with the passion and support.

I love the R35 GTR and hope to own one at some point!

I look forward to being part of the forum, all the best.

#17 ·
Guess as I have been off so long then came back I will explain my cars, so I sold my old pre sat nav 09 that was wrapped orange with Cobb and Titan full system, was a mint example. I traded it in for a v10 r8 which I put a Larini exhaust on which sounded absolutely Amazing and was also very fast but due to buying a second house I made the mistake of trading it in for a RS5. This was a good car but know where near as good as the last 2 and I was disappointed every day I drove it. So after doing some research I finally got a decent MY10 in ultimate silver that has Lichfield stage 1 with ecutek and miltek non res y pipe, it has also had the circlip upgrade by litchfield. Also has alcons on the front brakes. I am looking to get a gtr Titan 90mm or possibly a japspeed exhaust in the near future then it will be cosmetic mods like carbon bits as I am happy with the performance just want more noise.

#18 ·
Hi all.

I've just bought a new gtr and will be picking it up this Thursday or Friday. I'm really excited about it. I'm used to cars of that power having had fast cars before. I'm based in London.

I'm looking forward to learning what I can from you all, and if there's any tips and pointers you can give me on the gtr, I'm happy to listen, but please go gentle on me.

Adam

#20 ·
Just wanted to say a quick hello to everyone, swapped my M3 for a 59 DMG GTR in November and haven't looked back since! Absolutely love it!

Currently running SVM102mm Exhaust, SVM Y Pipe & Cobb, but I'll be looking for some upgrades come the summer time! Looking to maybe go to around the 650 mark for starters.

Just ordered loads of carbon parts- Rear wing, side vents, bonnet vents, front grill, and front splitter. Front canards are already fitted.

I'm based just outside of Newcastle and can't say I see many GTRs about around here so it would be interesting to know who has any nearby.

Look forward to using the forum in the future, theres some great info I've picked up already!

Steven

#23 ·
Hi,

I am new to the forum. I am looking to pluck up the courage and buy a R35 GTR over the next two months.

I currently drive an RS4 B5 and have owned a MK1 Focus RS and also an E46 M3.

From owning the RS4 B5 I think the next suitable car in terms of an upgrade would be a GTR. The RS4 is more of a weekend car rather than a 'daily driver'.

I also have Instagram, '95AR'. Feel free to take a look around at my photos.

A

#24 ·
Welcome! I to used to have a RS6 of which was a great car but no good on the bendies.

Bobby

#26 ·
hi another newbie here

evening all

another newbie here who has been lurking in the dark since last year but have thoroughly enjoyed reading up and learning all about the gtr

No gtr tattoo yet but looking for a 2010 premium edition low mileage with no mods as my first purchase in silver or black keep flipping between the two. Located up in Yorkshire and presently driving a rs6 c6 avant which is great in a straight line just not so much fun in the corners Thanks to everyone for the great reading and knowledge and looking forward to signing in officially hopefully soon

cheers

bob

#27 ·
evening all

another newbie here who has been lurking in the dark since last year but have thoroughly enjoyed reading up and learning all about the gtr

No gtr tattoo yet but looking for a 2010 premium edition low mileage with no mods as my first purchase in silver or black keep flipping between the two. Located up in Yorkshire and presently driving a rs6 c6 avant which is great in a straight line just not so much fun in the corners Thanks to everyone for the great reading and knowledge and looking forward to signing in officially hopefully soon

cheers

bob
Welcome Bob

I also had the RS6 but the V8 version had it 5 years with no problems apart from the dreaded DRC, great sounding car but like you state no good in the corners, good luck with your search.

Bobby

#28 ·
Hi Bob
Why not a Black Edition? And some small mods are always good if they are done by one of the good guys!
We also have a RS6 for school runs and shopping - lovely V10 sound.
Great to say to my wife that I have an economical car and she doesn't- she average 7.95 MPG this week!
A ;)

#30 ·
Evening A (twobadmice)
Would prefer the premium as just not sure on the red on the seats and handle on the black edition .... weird ? odd ? yes and i know its the better option but ... and mods definitely and if i’m lucky enough to purchase a forum car then i would seriously consider the car but secretly I want to do the mods myself so its mine
The audi is great love the sound and its just so normal for those who don’t know which is fun when you press the button and 7.95 awesome I really must try harder i take it she gets there before she sets off ?!
Anyway back to autotrader and my saved searches
cheers
Bob

#33 ·
What is this thing called "Manual" you're referring to.

I'm actually not from the UK but from the Netherlands. Bought a 2009 silver black edition GTR with satnav. As far as I know there's not a large Dutch internet forum for GTR owners.
Atleast not as fun as it is here... :GrowUp: