GTR Forum banner
761 - 780 of 923 Posts
Morning,

New owner here, picked up a silver 09 premium last weekend, totally standard and only 10,000 miles on the clock, one owner and a bundle of service history. Only done about 100 miles so far but finding the flappy paddles slightly addictive ! Based down in Devon so don't see that many about. Still getting used to its slow speed 'clunky'ness' but other than that going well. Any hints and tips please let me know.
09 with 10,000 - wow that's great

Hello guys im Harry from West Midlands. Im in the market for a new GTR. Im just graduating from a M5 F10 of 6 years. Look forward to meeting new faces etc. Im also heavily involved in the Subaru world. But the GTR has my attention. It will also be my daily.

Hi chaps, I'm a new member here so I thought I’ll introduce myself! Based in Guildford and Germany! Just recently traded in a MY12 for 17 so it’s my second GTR, can’t see me in anything else now absolutely love them. I’m currently running AT 650, full carbon, KW and ADV1 wheels. Looking for an exhaust as we speak so if there’s any for sale out there get in touch please. Anyway great to be part of the forum!

All the best. ??

Hi All
Just thought i would say hello to you all, not a GTR owner yet but am getting ready for a purchase in the next 3 months,maybe new or almost new.
Am currently running a Hyundai N Performance that i bought new.
Go to switzerland a fair bit to hike so am looking for more of a GT now.

Been a member for 8 years and finally pulled the plug and bought my First GTR. Driving with a smile on my face is something I’ll get use to, oh and the people staring and pointing ??. It’s completely standard but need to make it sound better and a few carbon bits would set it off.
Look forward to hints and tips from fellow owners

Hi guys, 2 week old newbie here! I'm based in the south east of UK and previously owned a stage 1 Audi TTRS which was a great all round car and very capable, but if I'm honest just a little bit too clinical for my liking. I then went to an M4 which was so well built, but on anything but bone dry roads it was impossible to get the power down. I finally thought now or never, and picked up a 2010 R35 on a stage 3. Absolutely love the rawness, the mechanical clunks it makes when cold, the fact that you have to warm everything up before unleashing it, the whole drama of driving it, the sound and sheer insane effortless power and grip. Every day I say to myself why the hell did I wait so long?? My wife keeps catching me staring at it through the window.... Mmmm those quad exhausts.... I think I need to have a chat with myself a grown man should not be behaving like this... ?

Great to be on this forum!

Welcome, I came from the same sort of cars as you before getting my 35, I’m based in south east ( Canterbury area) hopefully see you out and about !!
and don’t worry you’re not alone I’ve had mine 10 months and still keep looking out the window at mine to, sad a ??

Welcome, I came from the same sort of cars as you before getting my 35, I’m based in south east ( Canterbury area) hopefully see you out and about !!
and don’t worry you’re not alone I’ve had mine 10 months and still keep looking out the window at mine to, sad a ??
Thanks Herman, just shown your message to the wife and said 'see it's not just me!' (just got a bit of an eye roll) ?

Hopefully see you around and will look out for any South East meets would be good to meet up with yourself and other owners. (y)
Thanks
MG

Hello everyone, I’m a new ‘09 GTR owner coming from an ‘05 BMW M3 CS (up for sale shortly!). Loved both cars but this is an entirely different experience. Bought from a friend so experienced it only as a passenger (I refused to drive it as didn’t trust myself) but it’s unreal how assured you feel in the driving seat. It’s just with Kaizer now having a service and few other bits done. Have to say Sly, James and Karen are all superb and will certainly be using them in future.

From one newbie to another... Welcome! Completely agree with the assured feeling comment. Just could not get the power down in my M4 in the wet..the GTRs grip is insanely good in all weather. Enjoy your ownership! (y)

Hi guys and girls my name is Paul,just registered and bought my GTR back in October last year. Sold a highly modified evo 6 to buy one and what a car is it is. Its an 09 plate 4.5,Litchfield handling kit car and love it to bits. :)

Welcome Paul! How do you find the GTR compares to your EVO?
Hi mate the evo was a 2.3 stroker,600hp,ohlins suspension,but this is another level,linier power delivery compared to the evo,but the push in this is relentless. On the tight twisties the evo is more nimble,but anything else and the GTR wins. Iv read a few reviews where the GTR gets critised for the interior,but like a palace compared to an evo. Never fails to put a smile on my face !

Hi mate the evo was a 2.3 stroker,600hp,ohlins suspension,but this is another level,linier power delivery compared to the evo,but the push in this is relentless. On the tight twisties the evo is more nimble,but anything else and the GTR wins. Iv read a few reviews where the GTR gets critised for the interior,but like a palace compared to an evo. Never fails to put a smile on my face !
Im also worried about the interior. Have a 2020 track edition coming this year hopefully. Im coming from an M5 F10 and it was very well built.

But agree after doing some research, the GTR is in a league of its own....

761 - 780 of 923 Posts