GTR Forum banner
781 - 800 of 923 Posts
Mines an early 2009,but the newer GTRs have a very nice interior. Not sure how it compares to M5 F10,as BMs and audis interiors are nice. Iv always been used to very sparse interiors,so with all the gadgets its nice. I just like the way it goes,handles and how it drives.

Hi mate the evo was a 2.3 stroker,600hp,ohlins suspension,but this is another level,linier power delivery compared to the evo,but the push in this is relentless. On the tight twisties the evo is more nimble,but anything else and the GTR wins. Iv read a few reviews where the GTR gets critised for the interior,but like a palace compared to an evo. Never fails to put a smile on my face !
Superb mate glad you're enjoying it! Agreed nimble isn't a word I'd use for the GTR but seems to defy physics the way it handles corners for such a heavy car.

Regarding the interior: I've recently made the jump myself (around 2 months ago) from a BMW M4. The interior on the M4 did feel more refined but that's not what I wanted, I wanted a more raw experiance and the GTR is exactly that.

Enjoy the car!!

MGS

Superb mate glad you're enjoying it! Agreed nimble isn't a word I'd use for the GTR but seems to defy physics the way it handles corners for such a heavy car.

Regarding the interior: I've recently made the jump myself (around 2 months ago) from a BMW M4. The interior on the M4 did feel more refined but that's not what I wanted, I wanted a more raw experiance and the GTR is exactly that.

Enjoy the car!!

MGS
What year GTR and spec do you have ?

What year GTR and spec do you have ?
Mines a 2010, bought it a couple of months ago and had its big service from autotorque on purchase including all trans fluids etc.

It came with miltek exhaust, decat downpipes and had a remap by AC speedtech (ecutek software).

I've bought some rear AP discs Ferrodo pads to go on it a month ago but then covid-19 hit, so been waiting impatiently.... Hoping to get these fitted soon. Also want to get onto the latest ecutek software.

Apart from that not planning on anything else mod wise, as I don't track or launch it.. It's plenty of power for me!

And one other thing I stumbled across (after I bought it) was a dealer stamp in the transmission section of the service book.

Phoned nissan and they confirmed a few days later, it had a brand new MY15 transmission fitted under warranty in 2015! :cool:

I drove a GTR round a track 6-7 years ago and it was my dream car... Still can't believe I own one! :giggle:

Mines a 2010, bought it a couple of months ago and had its big service from autotorque on purchase including all trans fluids etc.

It came with miltek exhaust, decat downpipes and had a remap by AC speedtech (ecutek software).

I've bought some rear AP discs Ferrodo pads to go on it a month ago but then covid-19 hit, so been waiting impatiently.... Hoping to get these fitted soon. Also want to get onto the latest ecutek software.

Apart from that not planning on anything else mod wise, as I don't track or launch it.. It's plenty of power for me!

And one other thing I stumbled across (after I bought it) was a dealer stamp in the transmission section of the service book.

Phoned nissan and they confirmed a few days later, it had a brand new MY15 transmission fitted under warranty in 2015! :cool:

I drove a GTR round a track 6-7 years ago and it was my dream car... Still can't believe I own one! :giggle:
Peace of mind with the transmission then as they arnt cheap. (y)

I luckily just had a full service at Kaizers before the lockdown,along with the mot. The guy who I bought the car off kindly serviced it for me on the agreed sale last October,but sly went through the car,replacing the undertray bolts with stainless steel ones,changed fluids and have to say I was very impressed with his professional attitude.

I wanted something fast that was already modified,really with a forged engine,but its in such good condition with thousands of invoices from litchfields that I just had to have it. So far cant fault her and has been ultra reliable !

Peace of mind with the transmission then as they arnt cheap. (y)

I luckily just had a full service at Kaizers before the lockdown,along with the mot. The guy who I bought the car off kindly serviced it for me on the agreed sale last October,but sly went through the car,replacing the undertray bolts with stainless steel ones,changed fluids and have to say I was very impressed with his professional attitude.

I wanted something fast that was already modified,really with a forged engine,but its in such good condition with thousands of invoices from litchfields that I just had to have it. So far cant fault her and has been ultra reliable !
Great work sounds like you picked up a good one with good history!

Reading through this and other GTR forums you get so much decent info and get to chat with knowledgeable people who've been through GTR ownership and its joys and downfalls.

I've just recently had a wheel stem snap clean off in my fingers (when taking the plastic valve cap off!) and raised it on this forum for people to look out for it, as if it'd broken off at speed it could have ended in tears...I bought some new ones including the sensors from a member on here. Something you might want to check out as they all corrode after time...

Apart from that (which can and does happen to all cars with metal wheel stems) mines been absolutely faultless.

With regards to forged engines Ive read the advice/opinions and people's experiences. From that, the general concensus seems to be if torque levels are above the 'safe zone' (approx 600-620) then you're running the risk of bent/thrown rods on standard internals. Seems that decent tuners will keep torque limited to this for that reason.

I don't track or launch and with my power levels, I'm hoping I'll be OK (as I don't have ÂŁ5k+ lying around to go forged).

But then an engine failure at more than double the price and then some due to a thrown rod would be a disaster!!!!

I really do want to keep it long term so might look into it for peace of mind. Bank loan interest rates are good at the moment! ;)

You tempted to look into the forged option at some point?

Great work sounds like you picked up a good one with good history!

Reading through this and other GTR forums you get so much decent info and get to chat with knowledgeable people who've been through GTR ownership and its joys and downfalls.

I've just recently had a wheel stem snap clean off in my fingers (when taking the plastic valve cap off!) and raised it on this forum for people to look out for it, as if it'd broken off at speed it could have ended in tears...I bought some new ones including the sensors from a member on here. Something you might want to check out as they all corrode after time...

Apart from that (which can and does happen to all cars with metal wheel stems) mines been absolutely faultless.

With regards to forged engines Ive read the advice/opinions and people's experiences. From that, the general concensus seems to be if torque levels are above the 'safe zone' (approx 600-620) then you're running the risk of bent/thrown rods on standard internals. Seems that decent tuners will keep torque limited to this for that reason.

I don't track or launch and with my power levels, I'm hoping I'll be OK (as I don't have ÂŁ5k+ lying around to go forged).

But then an engine failure at more than double the price and then some due to a thrown rod would be a disaster!!!!

I really do want to keep it long term so might look into it for peace of mind. Bank loan interest rates are good at the moment! ;)

You tempted to look into the forged option at some point?
Oh that was you,yes I remember reading recently about your wheel stem and you were very lucky it wasn't under different circumstances and yes iv checked mine when reading that.

Yes iv been reading a lot of threads and different opinions on here before joining and seems a good learning process. Always good to try and find as much as possible on the weak points,especially the earlier ones with the bellhousing/cluster units for instance.

With regards to torque and rods,i have looked into the option of a rod conversion and on Litchfields site they quote just over 5k . That is peace of mind I guess as im on the limit of that with 743/628,but I tend to be very careful,i don't launch it,let the transmission get up to 65,before any sort of boost. Iv actually turned the boost down to 1.2 bar from 1.4 to be safe! Most of the time !! ;):devilish:

Oh that was you,yes I remember reading recently about your wheel stem and you were very lucky it wasn't under different circumstances and yes iv checked mine when reading that.

Yes iv been reading a lot of threads and different opinions on here before joining and seems a good learning process. Always good to try and find as much as possible on the weak points,especially the earlier ones with the bellhousing/cluster units for instance.

With regards to torque and rods,i have looked into the option of a rod conversion and on Litchfields site they quote just over 5k . That is peace of mind I guess as im on the limit of that with 743/628,but I tend to be very careful,i don't launch it,let the transmission get up to 65,before any sort of boost. Iv actually turned the boost down to 1.2 bar from 1.4 to be safe! Most of the time !! ;):devilish:
I'll start enquiring about the forging work at some point this year, when the covid-19 situation has calmed down. I'll be visiting Autotorque and AC speedtech soon as I can for my rear brakes and ecutek software upgrade so will pick their brains on it.
Will pop an update on here to get people's thoughts.

Enjoy the car sounds like a beast!

I'll start enquiring about the forging work at some point this year, when the covid-19 situation has calmed down. I'll be visiting Autotorque and AC speedtech soon as I can for my rear brakes and ecutek software upgrade so will pick their brains on it.
Will pop an update on here to get people's thoughts.

Enjoy the car sounds like a beast!
Yes goodluck with yours and both good companies from what I hear.
Typical bought mine October and all it did was rain for weeks,now its finally nice we have a lockdown :poop:

Hello everyone, After many years dreaming and saving, I am finally on the hunt for my first GTR, im a big petrol head, a huge Honda nut and have had everything in between. Looking for a standard example or a stage 1. Budget is up to around 45k for the right car. Im after a white DBA model around a MY14/15 with as little mileage as possible. Just having a browse doing my homework and waiting for the right car, i will be using AC Speedtech for servicing etc as there on my doorstep and been highly recomended by a friend who has previously owned one.

Hallo all,
Im “new“ to this forum and just want to introduce myself and my project car. I’m Eugen, I’m 34 years old and I live in Germany. Im building a r32 GTR witch will be used as a tracktool and nice weather car. I bought the car last year and found now the time to start with the build. I try to keep you guys updated. Sorry for my bad English, I don’t use this language that much over here. :)

Attachments

Hi all new member here in London. I’m on the hunt for my first GTR. Have been debating going down the Audi R8 V10 route (2014) but with two kids it’s a non starter although I drive a Range Rover sport as my daily along with an r53 Cooper S as a toy. I’ve come from a long list of M cars. Not sure there’s any other than the e60v10 that I haven’t had.
ive been reading a lot over the last few weeks and finally decided to take the plunge. Now I’m still learning so have seen a few that look interesting but wonderedis an early model still worth considering? I was thinking a 14-16 year model with under 20k miles and priced at £50k and below ( ideally low40s).
I came across this on autotrader and wondered if it used to belong to anyone on here and is this a decent spec/age for the price?

Hi guys!
My name is Kirill, I'm from Far East of Russia (Vladivostok). I'm kinda newbie here although own GTR for 6 years already :)
It is 2008 JDM car. In 2017 I've retrofitted it into 2017 style (all parts OEM). I ran Stage2 in a aggressive way (night street racing) and in 2018 the piston rod decided it was enough for it :))) Engine has died and was reborn with all new parts apart of the heads (the old ones were alive and received Stage1 porting). Of course, forged rods and pistons. And modern turbos Borg Warner EFR 6758. Gear box was slightly modified, the gears are stock.

The specs are below:
Hybrid turbo kit Linney EFR 6758
Tomei Procam 272 camshafts,
Stock valves,
Tomei valve springs,
Ported Heads (stage 1),
Diamond pistons,
BC rods,
ID 1300 injectors,
Visconti Fuel Basket with Walbro 450lph,
Visconti Tuning Fuel Pressure Monitoring Kit (Connected to charge pipe bank 2), , SBD 4″ (102MM) RACE SPEC EXHAUST + MIDPIPE SBD 3.5″ (90MM),
CAST RACE DOWNPIPES,
EGR system completely deleted.
Ecutek tuned by Ben Linney.

Gear Box all stock except:
Jack Transmissions pressure sensors (all three),
Xtreme Motorsport Heavy Duty Circlip Kit,
Xtreme Motorsport Clutch Baskets,
Nissan DBA Valvebody TSB Clips,
Linney HD Rear Transfer Drop Gears.

Hi guys new here, got my first r35 last Sunday, Litchfield stage 4.25, got a oil leak on the sump so need a new pan and gasket after that she will get full serviced and new set of tyres! But worth every penny

We've never had a dedicated Newbie forum, but it might be nice to have a thread for the new guys to say "Hi" on.

Perhaps tell us a bit about you and your car. And don't forget to start your Garage in the link above. You might find it takes a while for some features (images) to become active, but it's worth the wait.

Welcome to the family!

Mook
Hi guys new here, got my first r35 last Sunday, Litchfield stage 4.25, got a oil leak on the sump so need a new pan and gasket after that she will get full serviced and new set of tyres! But worth every penny View attachment 261086
Hi, my name is Paul, congrats with your gtr, it looks great. I have just signed in to this forum planning to get a gtr myself in the not to distant future, currently driving a 350z

Attachments

Hi Everyone,

Huge petrol head, white 17 plate GTR owner, and also own an R8 V10 Manual (Gen 1 obviously) both amazing cars, leaving the R8 completely stock and low mileage, and looking to make a few upgrades to the GTR this year.

View attachment 261897
Very nice motor mate.
Welcome to the forum

Hi All

Recently purchased a 2017 MY GTR in Katsura Orange and loving it so far, amazing how the car makes me a seem a better driver than I actually am :)
Car is completely standard and will remain that way for the time being as I have a years warranty with Nissan and I believe this precludes any mods.
Previously I owned a tuned Merc CLS63 and before that a Jag SV8 (kind of a precursor to the XFR.)

Steve

781 - 800 of 923 Posts