GTR Forum banner

821 - 830 of 830 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi guys and girls

Newbie here, got my 2019(69) black gtr back in July some interesting reads on this forum so thought it was best to join 👍

Cars booked in for first service at Litchfield and stage 2 next week.

Look forward to some meets and get-togethers hopefully soon.

·
Registered
2013 Litchfield Stage 2 R35 GTR
182 Posts
Hi all,

This is my first post on here.

I yesterday put a deposit down on this 2013 Litchfield Stage 2 GTR with 31k on the clock

Those of you that keep a keen eye on Auto Trader may have seen this pop up for sale at a BMW dealership in Swansea.

After a little negotiation we struck a deal that included 18 months dealer warranty for piece of mind. It’s going in to have the front bumper sprayed to clear stone chips & the wheels refurbished. It will also be serviced, rear brakes done & will have 12 months MOT on it. I’ve not seen or driven the thing & it will be delivered in January. Obviously buying blind I have the option to reject it if it’s not right, but I’m hoping that won’t be the case.

First plans are a full stage 2 detail & ceramic coat. May go front end ppf but I’ll discuss that with the detailer in the new year. Lucky enough to have Freshlayers right on my doorstep & they’ll look after me.

A little background on how I got to this car, which has always been a bucket list car of mine to have. My other half booked me on track day to drive one a couple of years back & I think I was always going to end up with one.

A month ago I sold my R53 track car that I’ve built over the past 12 years

This car has seen multiple tracks around the UK & has also been the cover car for Performance Mini & a promo car for BC Racing.

On Sunday the next car to leave the house was my EST tuned A45 AMG

Owned this since December 2016 at which point I also set up the A45 AMG Owners Club which is doing pretty well with its own forum (www.a45club.co.uk), Facebook page & Instagram that amazingly has 35k followers. Thankfully with admins I’m able to let them run themselves.

Last time I owned a Jap car was a 1995 Scooby that I owned from 2000 to 2006. I always remember the Jap community being a great bunch & still have many great friends from way back then.

Looking forward to being part of the GTR community, getting to some meets etc... when the country gets back to some sense of normality.

If any of you are on Instagram please drop my new car account a follow at @m6_ffa

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just joined the community so wanted to say hi. Also looking for advice on the best tyres to buy for street use. When I bought the car back in September 2017 I was under the impression that I could only buy Dunlop's but now there seem to be loads of options (or are they maybe the correct size but not suitable for the GT-R for performance reasons?). All advice would be appreciated.
I just had Litchfield replace the Dunlops that came on my 70-plate GT-R which I bought in September. I got the car from the showroom so it was already fitted. The Dunlops were an absolute nightmare in the wet. With the Michelin Pilot Sport 4S fitted it's a new car !! Went for a long drive yesterday afternoon - did the A417 - M4 - M5 "triangle". It was chucking it down and lots of standing water. Didn't flinch at all. Am so happy. I've kept the Dunlop's as they only had 2k on them and will maybe chuck them back on in the summer for a track day ... either that or I'll grow spuds in them :)

·
Registered
2013 Litchfield Stage 2 R35 GTR
182 Posts
I just had Litchfield replace the Dunlops that came on my 70-plate GT-R which I bought in September. I got the car from the showroom so it was already fitted. The Dunlops were an absolute nightmare in the wet. With the Michelin Pilot Sport 4S fitted it's a new car !! Went for a long drive yesterday afternoon - did the A417 - M4 - M5 "triangle". It was chucking it down and lots of standing water. Didn't flinch at all. Am so happy. I've kept the Dunlop's as they only had 2k on them and will maybe chuck them back on in the summer for a track day ... either that or I'll grow spuds in them :)
I had Dunlop’s on my AMG & they were shocking. The grip in the dry was okay but I found the side walls to be to soft & they wore out way to fast. Michelin Pilot Sport 4S is the tyre to have although I’ve heard good things about the Goodyear Eagle F1 Supersports.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello, I am new here. My name is Robi. I come from Croatia and own a pearl white 2009 Gtr, previously owned a bugeye Impreza Wrx with Sti conversion and a 2.1 forged stroker engine.
Best regards from Croatia

Poslano sa mog SM-G975F koristeći Tapatalk

·
Starts in Great Britain, Stops All Over The World
76 Posts
We wish to gain the thoughts of forum users with regards to any EBC Brakes products you have used. Whether the feedback is positive or negative, We want to hear from you.... No sales or advertising in the forums, just assistance.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Good afternoon to you all,
thanks to Snuffy I found the proper place to introduce myself .
I am a proud owner of a GTR 2010 Black Edition which I have owned for nearly five years now.
I have been looking and reading this forum for a while and today I decided to register in order to be part of this great community.
I am here to learn and share If I may.
Thanks.👍🏼

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi new here and new to GTR ownership.

Just picked up a MY17 Prestige in Grey with Red interior. Tuned to 4.25 by Litchfield with Miltek exhaust and Nismo gearbox software making 671.5 bhp and 633.6 lbf.ft. Alcon discs C-S Pro pads front brakes 265/35R20 Front 305/30R20 Rear Michelin Pilot Sport 4S tyres
Also just been for it's 4th service at Litchfield and told it's in immaculate condition

I'm based near York and I'd always be up to go to meets/drives out

Inked136953872_1349853758707819_8383385537111556976_n_LI.jpg
Inked134594828_480845489986198_3032999190505433602_n_LI.jpg
134677712_244598367115273_529816076838420028_n.jpg
Krikham.jpg
IMG_8655.JPG
Thanks for looking. Hope to see you out on the roads 🏁

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all, been a Subaru guy since 2004.... just ordered a new Bayside blue Prestige GTR... told about 14 weeks delivery so hopin early June delivery.... planin on lowering, wheel spaces, alcantera steering wheel, carbon lip on spoiler, possibly stage 4.5 with fmic..... cant wait 😁

821 - 830 of 830 Posts