GTR Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all !!

I know a few folk off here, mainly Dangerous Dave (cant believe hes selling up !!)

Anyways, Im from Glasgow and have had loads of fast jap metal, Last car was my FD Rx7 which I then sold to move onto an Evo VI.

Im now looking to get rid of my 370bhp Evo to get a nice R32, I dont mind if it needs a little work or whatever but ideally id be looking to do a deal if someone wants an Evo.

I figured this is the best place to come if Im after a skyline so was hoping for some advice on the R32 and what to look for etc when buying one :)

Hope you lot can help me out ! I wish I could afford Dangerous's one but its a little more than my current car is worth !! LOL

Cheers for now, hope to join you here soon !

·
Registered
140 Posts
Hi.

MGT Racing have got a very tidy 32 GTR for sale. Just in, I dont think they have even advertised it yet.
Bit out of your way but its worth traveling for the right car I recon.
Give them a call I am sure they would send you some pics.
MGT Racing Ltd

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cheers for the heads up mate but until my evo goes my hands are tied unless they do swaps LOL

Got a bit of interest here and there but as usual you always seem to get timewasters who just really want to come have a shot of your car !!!!

·
Registered
798 Posts
my main advice before handing the cash over for an r32 is to ensure it has good cold start and hot idle oil pressure and if has stock turbos make sure they are not running over.9bar.Best of luck..Harlow jap autos always have top class skylines for sale.May be worth a look

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cheers all ! I have spotted a couple Im interested in however one stands out above the rest. Assuming the deal I have lined up goes through I may be fully joining you lot very shortly ! :) Quite excited now !!! :)

·
Owner of the MSNSPS
5,193 Posts
As I've said a couple of times I think that the best VFM is to pick-up a UK based car. There are some really stunning bits of kit out there. Always worth having a plan in mind for what you want to get:

stock car, modded or mental - it's always cheaper in the long run to pick up a car where the previous owner has done the work. All R32s will be 15+ years old so you should be buying on condition and quality of work done.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for all your kind advice folks :) you seem a friendly bunch and I look forward to joining you all on here very soon :)

I have 3 GTR's lined up so hopefully should deffo have one before the weekend is over !

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Welcome to the forum mate.

Any links to the cars you've got in mind?

If you had the FD, i may have been up for a deal. I dont know why, but i feel i need to own one for the experience.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Steve just dont rush in, take your time and find the right car, im sure you know that anyway but its easy to get caught up in the " i need a Skyline " hysteria.Oh and welcome...:thumbsup:

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Steve just dont rush in, take your time and find the right car, im sure you know that anyway but its easy to get caught up in the " i need a Skyline " hysteria.Oh and welcome...:thumbsup:
Ello Mark !! Long time no see !! So you still have yours then ??? :D

Seen your old FTO a while back at a show looking a bit sorry for itself :(

P.S your right ... I do need a skyline LOL !!!

You know me anyways, if its broke ill fix it anyway !! :)

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
And if its not brok you will still fix it.;)

Yeah i heard the FTO was pretty bad now. Sold the Skyline a while back and its now in the London are i think. Should have kept her as photography is more expensive than owning a Skyline...:D Good seeing you on here.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
And if its not brok you will still fix it.;)

Yeah i heard the FTO was pretty bad now. Sold the Skyline a while back and its now in the London are i think. Should have kept her as photography is more expensive than owning a Skyline...:D Good seeing you on here.
Ahhh you know me too well !!! LOL

Cant believe Dave is selling his Bee R one though :( Wish I could afford that ! its stunning !!!

Heres my old FD for you lot to have a squint at !

Started off life basically std and by the time I was done I had fully rebuilt the engine and modded it a fair bit, ended up about 300 bhp @ the wheels :)

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
well guys, of to see the 3rd one on sat morning and failing that being good im off to bristol area to see the black one from here :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts