GTR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Registered a few days as been luck enough to be in a position to own a GT-R short term..looking to own between 6 months to a year and was wondering the best way to go about it?

Used/lease etc? Always wanted one but will be planning for a baby etc next year so the mrs has give me the go ahead to wn one for a bit...also currently got a range rover evoque which I've modded with a aero kit and hawke 22's but looking after sme power again after owning several performance cars over last ten years. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
470 Posts
you can rent mine for 2k a week but I require a 40k deposit please plus a weekly supply of haribo's : )

·
Registered
278 Posts
Buy a used one on an 09/59 plate, will depreciate the least and should be easier to shift after you're done as there are more people who can afford a £35k car than a £75k car...

But you won't want to sell it, so probably best planning to ditch the Mrs in a years time, will be easier :thumbsup:

·
Registered
947 Posts
Buy a used one on an 09/59 plate, will depreciate the least and should be easier to shift after you're done as there are more people who can afford a £35k car than a £75k car...

But you won't want to sell it, so probably best planning to ditch the Mrs in a years time, will be easier :thumbsup:
He probably won't be the first one to ditch the Mrs for the GTR. :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Already mentioned to the Mrs in 6 months time we may have a relationship problem lol

I've seen some 09 plates for the mid 30k mark, prefer it modded and is there anything I need to look for specifically i.e. stay away from or be attracted to (low amount of previous owners/mileage)

Thanks for the offer 'pulsarboby' but as soon as you mentioned the haribos the deal was a no go :)

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
If I was you verma I would buy an 09/59 as Webber said, as standard as possible, then mod it yourself. I've never been comfortable with buyng an already modded car, to me it's a sign that it's had a harder life than a stock car. Bizzarely some people seem to have the opposite view though, but the simple fact is that creating 50% more boost from a pair of turbos doesn't come free in terms of mechanical longevity.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Thanks for the offer 'pulsarboby' but as soon as you mentioned the haribos the deal was a no go :)

thought that would be a deal breaker lol

as said you would be better off buying one on the never never if you've not got the cash for an outright purchase.
as long as you can afford the monthly instalments and running costs whilst you own it.
if things get a bit tight money wise you can always flog it on if you buy at the right price
but youll ditch the mrs before the car once you've experienced driving one of these cars

1 - 9 of 9 Posts