GTR Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello.

New to the skyline scene had 2 300zx twin turbos and have now got rid of them, currently breaking one at the moment with some GTR alloy wheels on it.
Anyways, i noticed a GTR for sale and i was thinking on going for it but thought i could run it by you gurus first and see what use think?
When should a GTR really recieve an engine rebuild? Anything major to look out for?

autopointautos.co.uk : NISSAN SKYLINE GTR TWIN TURBO r33

thought id join the club to see what its like first as i think a good club with lots of help and advice is whats needed when buying a nice old car like the skyline, 300 etc...

·
Registered
649 Posts
The first thing to consider is this, Everything associated with the GTR has extra commas and zero's.

The car looks clean, however if your asking for our opinion then your not ready to take the plunge. Read this forum, use the search button and look for all the what if questions you can think of, and read. If you still need a push to get going then your not ready for it, plain and simple.

I believe you can run a stock RB26 that hasn't been to hell and back nightly for about 250,000Kms before you need to rebuild it.

Remember extra commas and zero's:nervous:

·
Registered
998 Posts
Welcome to the forum dude....

How long have you been looking for a GTR? It took me about 6 months and went to go see a few. In the end i chose not to buy the cheapest one out there, as Asphalt says, theres more coma's and zero's for skyline owners but thats the territory your in.

What do you want out of owning a GTR? You can pick up nice tuned 32's now for a bit more money than the car your looking at.

Personally, i wouldnt look at that car. To me it seems to cheapa dn if you havent got a deep pocket you could easily pay double in repairs if the engines not in good condition.

Id keep looking if i was you, do some research on this forum to know what you need to look out for, and if you want to, get a compression test done on a car if you see one that you think fits your requirements.

happy hunting though mate :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts