GTR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
afternoon all,

im in the process of hopefully buying a black edition 09 gtr.....

now being pretty new to this, what questions should i be asking a private/trade seller about the car (apart from the standard car questions obviously)?

thanks

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Im sure others will chime in with the usual stuff to look for, but whenever i see new buyer i would always say to ask the seller if they know if any gearbox work has been done, see so many Transmission faults (new thread made yesterday on a MY11 car).

I was lucky i had a warranty on mine as the gearbox was replaced in the end.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Do lots of research on it, do your own HPI and do not take the garages say so that it is clear, i had this and found out that it was still on finance, they were waiting for my money to pay it off.
Find out who has been servicing it then get all the data off them, ask the garage to book it into nissan for a ECU readings, this will then tell you if the car has had a hard life, they will charge you about £70 for this but if you buy the car this will be there charge.
Its really up to you if you want a mapped car, i preferred to have a standard one with full check-able history, then map it yourself if you want.
There is alot of thrashed GTRs out there its up to you to get a good one, hope this helps.:chuckle:

Bobby

·
Premium Member
8,019 Posts
Condition of brakes and tyres is important.
These are expensive to replace and often why older cars look like bargains when they are not...

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Condition of brakes and tyres is important.
These are expensive to replace and often why older cars look like bargains when they are not...
O yes and this, tyres, i found myself forking out £1200 a week later after purchase for tyres, due to my noobness, although i did get reimbursed partly by the dealer.

·
Registered
609 Posts
As above and find which HPC supplied it and who has maintained it. I would also consider a full inspection with someone like the RAC for total peace of mind.

Good luck with it and I hope you get in soon:squintdan

1 - 6 of 6 Posts