GTR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Collected my new R34 yesterday UK 2000 model.Still cannot get over how fast/different to other cars it is.

Have a few questions if anyone can help I would appriciate it .

There is a black button before the gear lever, what is that for?
Also seems to heat up a lot around the gear lever central part is that normal?
Looking to have the car modded within reason, but do not wish have an exhaust system that is too loud any recommendations?
Finally is next Friday an open day at Bedford or would I need to book?

Cheers in advance
Nick

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
Hello

Well done on a worthy purchase...

Answers to your questions :-

Black button is you lap timer which is part sof the functions of the MFD ( the screen ). It starts and stops your lap times.

Heat from gearknob area - yes very normal, after a hour or so or more it gets really hot, dont worry.

Exhausts - HKS is a good option, lots of cars have em and they work really well, if you are gonna do it, make sure you get a decat and downpipes as well as they make the most difference.Maybe worth speaking with Gary from GT Art, he has some second hand ones for sale that are as good as new and half the price. - id on the forum : gary

Bedford, all the places are gone I think according to Rupert but you can still turn up and have a chat, make yourself known. Maybe a slim chance you will get on.

Bye...

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dirk

Thanks for the answers, was getting somewhat worried about my left leg heating up.

Shall try Gary, but his site seems to be down.

Thanks

Nick

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
Just PM him

He visits the board frequently.

Also, you didnt mention the other usual problem you have with R34's - you get a seriously large smile on face - this is also normal;)

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dirk

That is very true about the smile, not sure if you check the mirror to make sure it's there or if someones coming up behind you with blue lights or is that someone you've just passed.

·
Registered
961 Posts
good choice on the 34
what colors the car?

·
Registered
9,546 Posts
Welcome to the world of GTR motoring:D

Exhaust...only one choice really Mine's!!!:D Its expensive, but you get what you pay for...ie full stainless SUS 304 all the way or if you really want to splash out titanium is also an option. Personally I'm not a big fan of other exhausts which only have a SS silencers.

:smokin:

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Car is Black

Spent a long time deciding which of the 5 colours to go for. I know there has been a poll on colours, but at the end of the day it's down to personal choice. Also a Skyline is a Skyline regardless of the dress colour.

What sort of cost is involved with Mines?

·
Registered
7,272 Posts
Actually it's a well known fact that a Black car doesn't need to try as hard as say a Bayside Blue car, something to do with the owners being much more cool :cool:

Welcome to the world of Skylines. I'd advise leaving right now, unless your addicted already, cos by this time next week it'll be too late ;)

·
Registered
298 Posts
Congrats on your purchase!

I think Mines exhaust are around £2k for Titanium and HKS's are circa £550. Check out Shin's website at prospec motorsport for Mines gear. Expensive but worth it I'm sure :)

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks all for the welcoming words and advice, not sure if I want to spend a small fortune on Titanium, may have a look at the other.

Realistically what should be the first mods and how much.

Also car seems to tramline one hell of a lot, sits on new RE040, when I tried other R34s didn't seem as noticeable, is it the tyres? Others were on S03s

·
Registered
9,546 Posts
Yep its the tires!! Just do a few doughnuts and get rid of them!:D
I have gone for Yokohamas and it has cured the problem...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts