GTR Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi there ,just purchased my first gtr 35 really looking forward to getting to know the car and places for tyres,brakes,mods, ride settings etc.
Live in the b road community so which settings do you think would e best car has dunlops on tyre pressures should be set at ????
are the standard brakes fine for road use or I here Litchfields have Alcons I believe costs etc

can the stage one conversion be done with a quiet ypipe and where are the gains in power
tyres the stealers have a £2,000 bounty on tyre sets I've heard the name mls been mentioned any other brands recommended
what are the weak points of the car ?
servicing litchfields svm main dealer
when can tyre insurance be claimed
tyre depots and prices thames valley area

thames valley meets

anything else I should carry in the car top up fluids which ones.

cheers
D

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks guys for your welcome have come over from Porsches last powerful one was a 997 gt3 a lot lighter than the GTR,HAVE ALSO HAD A 996TT TIP AND A MANUAL the tip was tuned y dms to 500hp + but the sloppy gearchange ruined the car,in my experience . Expect to learn the gtrs capabilities slowly over time.

·
Premium Member
824 Posts
Stage 1 can be done with a resonated Y-pipe if you want it slightly quieter in the cabin. My previous MY11 with Litchfield Stage 1, resonated Y-pipe and K&N panel filters made 591bhp/555lbft on dyno...happy motoring!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Stage 1 can be done with a resonated Y-pipe if you want it slightly quieter in the cabin. My previous MY11 with Litchfield Stage 1, resonated Y-pipe and K&N panel filters made 591bhp/555lbft on dyno...happy motoring!
MY 11 standard is 530 am I correct before mods, were you happy with the results, can you keep the flow of power on ,or is it to quick for road use, thanks for your advice

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
wow that goes really well with not to much of a circus show.looks cool in white. was that the stage 1 conversion at bruntingthorpe what speed did you clock admired by David

·
Premium Member
824 Posts
Yes that was the Stage 1 as described earlier.
I managed a 193 (indicated) so probably mid-180 actual speed. May have squeezed a little more if my cornering techique was a bit better on the day lol
The biggest thing I took away from that day, apart from having heaps of adrenalin filled fun, is that I need better brakes and bigger injectors before doing it again

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
that's quick at bruntingthorpe I went a few years ago good day out,it looked like the ypipe atfirst run 5.35miins sounded quite quiet on 3/4 power then on full power on later runs a few screams were heard from the car ouch lol , respect for keeping your foot in did you replace tge carpet lol. David

·
Premium Member
824 Posts
lol yeah first run was a gentle solo roll out (more likey to sound like this out on normal roads), the others were using LC.
What colour did you get? Whereabouts in Thames Valley are you?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I went for the blue colour as my last Porsche was white fancied a change .based in Oxfordshire asphalt with stone chippings on top no expese spared when providing roads oxford council. which means for two weeks of the year car stays at home .wtf are we living in Victorian age lol,i see your in glos any better.

·
Premium Member
824 Posts
Blue, Nice! I haven't seen many of those out on the road, especially round my way. Roads are not too bad this way, would seem we have a lot to learn from the germans on that point. I'm out Burford and Bicester way regular will have to meet up sometime

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
for sure the road in Germany are great once you see the german flag you can nail it although it was the belguim flag who cares same colours that's my defence.
need to get together some stage wouild be good .
which tyres are you running ? may need to change when car arrives £££

·
Premium Member
824 Posts
On my previous I renewed with Bridgestone Potenza's from memory £1340 fitted by Protyre, not sure where the nearest branch is to you. My MY12 still have their original Dunlop's on. A buddy of mine has just changed for a full set of MPSS £1011 same place. A lot of guys here use Toyo 888's too, there was a recent thread about MPSS & 888's check it out

1 - 19 of 19 Posts