GTR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys nice forum you got here:thumbsup:

Currently over on the other side with the Honda boys;) so dont really know what torque is lol but love high rpm! Im on my 2nd DC5 Teg but had a few civic R's, Dc2 Teg and S2000 but will be looking for somthing move hardcore next year when I hit 25 and the insurance comes down to sensible cash.#

I will be looking for a R32/33 GTR at around 450ish bhp so..

What sort of running costs would I be looking at, same as an EVO in a simalar state of tune or worse:(
Whats the service interval on the GTR's?
Mile to a tank etc?

What things should I look out for on the cars any common problems?

Thanks in advance:D

·
Registered
728 Posts
I havent got one so cant give a personal view but normally after 1 reply the rest flood in. I think the fuel would be the main difference for you if you've had hondas before.
Other than that, the prices of mods on gtr's seem very high to me (im a tight ass northerner....).
I also thought we already had a matt b?

·
Premium Member
4,976 Posts
I've only just upgraded my R32 ...

200ish miles to a tank I reckon on my one. My scoob, at 259bhp gave nearer 250miles.

Oil change every 3 months or before and after a trackday/euro run.

Service two weeks before MOT time.

Costs ... difficult ... every time I put the thing in for something I end up spending tooooo much.
Went in for rear brakes [cheap]. Ended up with a new set of wheels!

·
Premium Member
4,976 Posts
55 litre.
I get scared at a quarter tank so when it gets there fill up with Shell or Tesco 99.
Usually costs around 40 quid.

·
GTROC Member
5,037 Posts
Yep costs about 50 quid to fill up an R32 tank, like Bajie I always fill up when it gets to 1/4 though....not got a local Shell anymore so best to keep it filled up whenever I go past one.

I stuck 20 quid in it last night to fill it up, quick blat from Kent to Essex (M25) and back again and that was gone.

·
Premium Member
4,976 Posts
At least when your parked up people can see those lovely wheels [CE28s] of yours :cool:

·
GTROC Member
5,037 Posts
Cheers :D

And to think i WAS going to change them when I first got it !!!

Would still like them in 18's rather then 17's tho :nervous:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts