GTR Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello people. Harry here, or Hazz.

Currently searching for an R32 or 33 GTR. Going to look at a MNP V-spec R33 with a BNR34 engine in at the weekend :D

I'm 27, from Southport, work on aircraft in Preston and currently drive a red H EP3 with 258bhp and 195lb ft which I've had since 2008.

So yea, I've always wanted one and I can't wait to join the ranks!

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Cheers for the warm welcome :lol:

So I've been in contact with Jurgen at JM imports for the last couple of weeks. I've had my heart set on the MNP R33 Vspec that's recently gone up on his site.

Rang thismorning with my 50% deposit ready and the damn thing sold to some Danish guy last night. Just my luck.

The hunt continues...

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Hello chap,

Welcome to the forum!

You looking for standard or modified?

HJA have some nice looking cars and are well know, so thye may be worth a shout?

Cheers,

Mark

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I'd like as standard as possible, especially the interior and exterior. I'm expecting most will have had some kind of modification sometime in their life. Oh, standard shocks and springs are a MUST. I'm going to be driving this mainly on the roads and I don't get along with coilovers. I'll happily buy a car with basic breathing mods and steel turbos would be nice also.

I've not looked at HJA, thanks for the heads up.

I've got 10k waiting but would consider cars up to 12k.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Well I'd like as standard as possible, especially the interior and exterior. I'm expecting most will have had some kind of modification sometime in their life. Oh, standard shocks and springs are a MUST. I'm going to be driving this mainly on the roads and I don't get along with coilovers. I'll happily buy a car with basic breathing mods and steel turbos would be nice also.

I've not looked at HJA, thanks for the heads up.

I've got 10k waiting but would consider cars up to 12k.
Welcome Hazz,

If your not set on MNP RK Tuning have a nice white one for sale for 9k - decent spec 450+ BHP and looks pretty standard from the outside.

Its in the trade for sale section on here.

Cheers

Jason

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
As stupid as it might sound... I want any colour but white! MNP, silver, grey or black - in that order :)

·
Registered
861 Posts
Hi and welcome to the GTROC..... A white R33 has to be the best colour,but that's just my opinion :squintdan

·
Registered
949 Posts
I got mine from HJA. They have some very nice looking cars. I was really after a white 33 gtr, as I had a white 33 gtst previously and it was a great colour for me...loved it and I was set on getting a white one again...

HJA did have a few lovely looking white 33s but they were either out of my price range or weren't as modified as I would like lol...

so i opted for this a few months ago and I like it:

http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/183985-my-new-r33-gtr.html

good luck :thumbsup:

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yes white does look crap doesn't It.
Your words dude, not mine :chuckle:

It's just my opinion and I tried to say it kindly but it seems I've offended a few people anyway lol... so I mayaswell be truthful and say what I really think:

The R33 GTR is one of the measest, angry, purposeful looking cars out there. Painted white it looks like something my girlfriend wouldn't be scared to drive. All evilness has gone, it may as well be a primera. DNW.

Posting pictures of your white GTRs only serves to solidify my opinion.

So yea... :wavey: :flame:

Expecting pictures & details from Jurgen today of a Black 33 GTR, and also have my fingers crossed that the Danish bloke didn't send payment for the MNP but I've yet to hear back.

·
Registered
442 Posts
The R33 GTR is one of the measest, angry, purposeful looking cars out there. Painted white it looks like something my girlfriend wouldn't be scared to drive. All evilness has gone, it may as well be a primera. DNW.

Blasphemy :flame:

I hope you're not going to let your girlfriend drive it ? I certainly wouldn't let mine :chuckle:

·
Super Moderator
15,732 Posts
I don't let my husband drive my R34...anyway I digress.:chuckle: Personally I think silver robs a car of its presence. But what do I know, brighter is better, LOL.

Good luck in your search (purple is best on R33s IMHO!)

·
Registered
442 Posts
I don't let my husband drive my R34...anyway I digress.:chuckle: Personally I think silver robs a car of its presence. But what do I know, brighter is better, LOL.

Good luck in your search (purple is best on R33s IMHO!)
Fair play Toni

That wasn't a sexist comment - I won't let anyone drive it :cool:

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I knew it'd go down well :chuckle:

haha... no. She drove my type R once, it needed a new front splitter. Never again.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Took the plunge.

Bought an almost OEM 1996 black GTR non V-spec, arrived in the UK today. Collection end of feb.

It's got an exhaust on it (will find out what) and that's it. Looks a clean example from the pictures. I've arranged a viewing 1st weekend of feb to thoroughly check it over.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Already looking at mods and I've not even got the thing yet!! I have a couple of questions... I've had a quick search but got about 200 results and got bored reading... Anyway...

1) Apexi power intake: is it any good?

And

2) Will it be ok to run it on a standard ECU?

...Or just point me in the direction of the same thread you probably send every noob asking the same intake question ;)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts