GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, i've been lurking on the forum for a while now & thought i'd introduce myself.

Subaru Impreza's have been my car of choice for the last 10 years, where I finished off with a RB320 which I owned from new. Having recently sold the RB, which I rebuilt with forged internals, i'm in the market for a GTR.

I'm sure i'll be asking a few questions along the way, as i've a few months before my birthday which is when i'll be treating myself & looking to buy!

Oh & great site by the way!!

Iggy

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Welcome to the forum mate,
Get your arse in a GTR then there's no going back,
Welcome on board,
Goldie

·
Registered
244 Posts
Welcome aboard mate, your down my neck of the woods by the looks. I came from a Scoob to a GTR.

Your love it, best all round car I've driven!

Si

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the welcome guys!!

I got hooked on Impreza's, just love the flat four burble & the performance wasn't bad either!

All the Impreza's I owned I ran a daily runners. But the GTR will be a second car & will only run it through the summer months & SORN for the winter.
I'll be getting any car i'm thinking of buying given the once over by Litchfield Imports & then getting their warranty. I'll also be looking to get a Stage 1 to start but going no further than Stage 2.

Iggy

·
Registered
244 Posts
Good choice, just make sure its not been modified before as you may not get a warranty off Iain unless they were the ones that modified it.

Si

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Cheers Si, good to know!

·
Registered
644 Posts
Haha i said the same stuff as you guys and now im seriously considering stage 4 with DP's in the next 6 months :s

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yeah know what you're saying once the modding bug bites!!

·
Registered
644 Posts
But still, stage 1 changes the whole car.. Specially now with the new V4 maps and stuff its like the car should have come that way stock..

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks again for the warm welcome!

I did a load of research on the GTR when I sold the RB a few months ago. I'll be doing more again now, but thinking back, are the Recaro seats the way to go? If so is the Premium or Black edition they come in?

Also, is the bonnet 'lift' delete modification still available?
I'll also look at doing the remote folding mirror mod!!

Iggy

·
Registered
176 Posts
Welcome Iggy

I'm also ex scooby. Scooby is probably better as a daily runner for the roads around by me. But the GTR can do it all its like owning a spaceship. What year of GTR are you looking for, the recaros are on the 2011 and later and are an option I believe.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Thanks again for the warm welcome!

I did a load of research on the GTR when I sold the RB a few months ago. I'll be doing more again now, but thinking back, are the Recaro seats the way to go? If so is the Premium or Black edition they come in?

Also, is the bonnet 'lift' delete modification still available?
I'll also look at doing the remote folding mirror mod!!

Iggy
You can get the bonnet pop-up cancellers on eBay for £120 but they come up on here now and again cheaper.

Si

1 - 20 of 43 Posts