GTR Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

My quest for a midnight purple R33 GT-R feels like it finally finished yesterday when I picked up my sorted car from MGT who have made it into the car I knew it would be.

I bought it from Ronni Nielsen in Copenhagen in December after also looking at Chaz's awesome R33. Jurgen at JM even remembered the date he bought Ronni's car in Japan. I spent more time underneath mine than in it in Denmark and Ronni's attention to detail is something else. But when I finally got it a few weeks ago it ran terribly at anywhere below maximum attack with an air:fuel ratio constant at 14.5.

Garth and Mark have now properly set it up with a new Os Giken STR2 clutch, a new lambda sensor and a map that gives me 548hp at the hubs at about 1.5bar. I'll try to link to photobucket images but it looks the same as in Ronni's for sale and build threads only dirtier.

Next work in the summer will be more work to preserve the immaculate underside and maybe a Link G4 with a crank trigger in 2015.

Thanks Garth and Mark. Awesome work!

No idea how to link from photobucket; need to post more

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks to all; have been lurking and trying to learn for some time. Drove to work in it today, luckily followed by my personal Shell tanker for mid-air refuelling :thumbsup: Weird how good Toyo R888s are even in the wet.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi Miguel

Thanks and thanks for taking the time when I enquired about importing a Newera car.

You supplied at least the lovely Tomei ti and the Koyo radiator I think?

·
Premium Member
2,862 Posts
No worries.
I recall Ronni's name from sending out more things to him over time, but not the details of what specifically, as it wasn't all that recently. Always a nice guy to deal with too.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts