GTR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Iam a Brit who has lived in Spain 16 years, speak the lingo but still can't follow Spanish online banter so here iam registered today on your UK forum! My quest is to put my hands on a LHD UK registered GTR35 for myself. Ive looked at 2008 one for sale in Marbella @ 75,000 euros a couple of times, its got 14,000miles and on UK plates. Lovely looking car and immaculate inside but i still can't help thinking i might be better getting one in the USA or Germany for that type of money. Has anyone had any experience of importing a GTR from USA and can offer some guidance or better still does anyone here currently run LHD one already?? Thanks for any input offered

·
Registered
5,268 Posts
you would pay import duty etc from the US

the UK exchange rate means you can get a RHD for 50K euros second hand

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Your exactly right on what you say about RHD and as with other performance cars Ive sometimes found getting an equivalent newish LHD expensive. Living here in Spain though you really need LHD so iam wondering with all the obvious benefits of the $ exchange rate whether to have a go at importing one - i think the good exchange will still offset the UK import duty and at least i will have the LHD UK registered combination iam looking for. Ive also seen an R35 living in Mijas Costa recently [would post a photo of it but i dont think newbie members can]

·
Registered
290 Posts
Yip you need LHD in Spain, I used to live between UK and Denia in Spain and I opted for LHD. Only issue in UK is car park entry and exit, in Spain with so many road tolls RHD would be a nightmare.

Now a run from Valencia to Denia on the A7 in the R35..............what a dream!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yip you need LHD in Spain, I used to live between UK and Denia in Spain and I opted for LHD. Only issue in UK is car park entry and exit, in Spain with so many road tolls RHD would be a nightmare.

Now a run from Valencia to Denia on the A7 in the R35..............what a dream!
Hi Lindsay, Iam up somewhere above Valencia myself next week (about 6 hours from me in Malaga +/-) and i can only imagine what a great run that would be in the R35:D As you rightly say the toll roads are a real laugh for those caught in a RHD car....and even worse at the McDonalds drive in. I did run my NA1 NSX flat out on a totally clear toll road section towards Gibraltar once and Iam looking forward to the day i can [briefly honest] do the same in an R35 - without any of the fear of blowing it up like i have in my 20 year old NSX!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts