GTR Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Newbie - my story and more

Hi All, ive been using forum for a while but NOW find i need to step into the forum and post for help and share my story.

firstly ive had serious issues with a tuner in the midlands all details will follow in a few days - dont want any other skyline owners to go thru what i had too.

Iv booked my car at a reputable garage in nuneaton tomorrow (19/11) and have been offered a link ecu. I have a powerfc d jetro and all i want is 500/550hp at the wheels...

The question is do i stick with my D-jetro Power FC or folk out that bit more for a linK???????

Ive spent a few days searcing the forum for articles and cannot find the answers im looking for.

Quik Spec on my car

rs580 turbos
hks cms
rac acl bearings
forged pistons
eagle conrods
apr headbolts
hks headgaskets
550cc injectors

Any help would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
197 Posts
bigger injectors will be needed,im sure the power fc will be ok,but the link might be a better option,someone else will know for sure.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks reefyman! Yes i think your right maybe i should opt for 720cc injectors. It also seems like alot of ppl use the powerfc and it seems to be the way to go.

just got my car back after 12months!!!! and 14k later. just want it sorted now and have the promised 500bhp.:nervous:

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
im about to have a serious break down.

another clue to garage - chrome engine.

mook yes you got it!:nervous:

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
okaaay ive decieded to finally go for the link g4 extreme...mark and garth are top guys at mgt, they even dropped me off to the train station!!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hey also will have a brand spanking new powerfc d-jetro with loom,nipples and sensors plus handcontroller for sale once ive hit the 50 post rule.

Hope engine build will hold out on the dyno....very worrid!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
hi ben, i went for the link as im told its a more tuneable dejetro ecu, it takes a lot longer to setup the powerfc dejtro. Also i love the fact its got launch control!!!

·
Registered
363 Posts
hi ben, i went for the link as im told its a more tuneable dejetro ecu, it takes a lot longer to setup the powerfc dejtro. Also i love the fact its got launch control!!!
And its lightyears ahead in terms of technology and development. Power fc is a very basic product...the G4 is a high end ecu.

Link G4...(Vi-PEC in Aust.)...just an amazing product.

·
Registered
106 Posts
As Red R said.
Not even in the same league, provided setup correctly.
Dont skimp on too small an injector. Go ID1000s. Come with all dead time data at all pressures and again light years ahead.
Jason

·
Registered
4,429 Posts
You wont ever make 550hp atws with rs580's ....
Unless you know something I dont.
My rs581's lemans genuine ex gibsom motorsport modified (which I think are bigger) made 480 horse at the wheels.

The d jetro is more than capable of working with what you do have, a link wouldnt produce more power but just be an unnecessary cost.(yes it does have more features)
I am a link fan , but you already have a good unit in the d jetro
you need at least 700cc injectors
you need a bigger pump 1 x 044 either off a surge tank or just stick it in the existing tank.
My engine runs the d jetro and 2530's and makes 560hp at the wheels.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
OK just got back from mgt!!!!!:clap: in 1 peice and car is still ok..thankgod

it produced 480atw on 1.4/1.45 bar of boost from these turbos (were still unsure if they are rs580's but previous tuner is confident that they are..i do believe them)

GLENGTR you were bang on correct and yes i could have got away with the powerfc but im glad i went for the link as the launch control facility my god is face warping!

Garth is a mapping guru he managed to sort out other minor issues, incorrectly fitted avcr and replace plugs. However we noticed that on idle the oil pressure was at 2bar, previous tuner tells me that they used 10/60 senoko oil which is thick and should show higher levels....what readings should you get? mgt stated 2.5/3bar!

Im so glad that i didnt drive on boost when i got car back from previous tuner on tuesday 17th as it was overboosting when checked and i remember having it set and was told it was 1.2bar before leaving ***

....could have ended in tragedy

Anyway the drive back was simply shattering. At 1.5bar it is so horrendously scary, such a big difference to 1bar....i took my 2 sons for a spin and have never heard them screeam so loud!

will have some pics up next week!!!!!!!!!!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
14 Posts
The Vipec/Link ecu's is really good. I think they perform as well as many Motec/Autronic ecu's for much less money.

The Injector dynamics injectors mentioned are also very good compared to the old design. The dead time data is actually worth alot.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts