GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys,

Just got (2 months ago) gtr r32 and joined the community.
As you can see from title I am trying to brake the 600 BHP mark, thats my target .

Mods so far...

-dash 5's turbos / running stock boost
-HKS super flow air intake
- Kakimoto performance exhaust
-decat
-HKS adjustable Cam pulleys
-Hks Timing belt

To Do ...

- standalone ECU - like Greddy EManage Ultimate ECU
- Mapping
- el boost controller
- 1000cc injectors
- performance fuel pump / looking at 340 L/H

I am planing to boost it to 1.4 bar .

With the upgrades above and boost I wanna run should it be enough to reach my BHP target- 600 bhp , why not more...:)

Please ,Am I on the right path...? Be gentle as I am newbie.
Also any good mappers/ecu/dyno tunners in London ?

Thanks in advance for your advices , all appreciated !

Lee

·
Premium Member
8,096 Posts
Good luck with the project Lee sounds quite capable so far.

Before anyone else comments, run a search mate as this has been done to death a million times and more. All your answers will be revealed :)

Regarding mapper,personal preference plays a large part, with you being in London you have Abbey,RK Tuning (do they do mapping?) Ozz at HJA and many more to choose from

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the reply,mate.

Most likely I will give Abbey a go as I can see lots of forum members done their cars there, they should be good...:)

·
Premium Member
4,447 Posts
Cant see you managing 600 with 1.4 bar with your spec. I would reckon 500 up to 550 dependant on map etc

I had the these turbos with cams and better induction and better ecu ( F con V pro gold) Running at 1.5 it made around 570 max with the cams etc mapped by abbey as well

Also is your engine forged as 600 is usually reckoned to be an issue with stock pistons and rods

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for the reply.

To my knowledge the engine internals are stock but I did a research and people are claiming/ running 600-650 on stock internals with no issues. rb26dett engine are almost undestroyable , arent they :)

boost at 1.4 bar is not a must - could run more 1.5-1.7 bar if needed .

you had better induction kit you say , what was it?

just to clarify - looking at 600 bhp (on the fly) not 600whp (on wheels) but please let not discuss how ''irrelevant'' fly bhp is to wheels whp.Thanks

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
1400cc injectors
better induction
higher boost

to reach 600 bhp , what do you think RSVFOUR ?

·
Registered
622 Posts
RB 26 un-destroy able ? Absolutely not.
At 600ish you would be at the point it won't last very long.
Not that you'll get 600 with your spec. At the higher boost levels you mention you will destroy the engine. Broken piston being the most likely first failure.
If you are serious about 600 with reliability & longevity a properly built forged motor with balanced parts & attention to the oil feed are also IMHO essential. Good luck.

·
Premium Member
4,447 Posts
Re power with 5s There are lots of 5s threads ( but since you asked)

There is what people say they have and then there is what they actually have.

Dont get me wrong 5s are a really good match for the RB26 but some honest facts are in order as confimed by others before me

Non forged RBs dont make that high power and stay together at 550-600 etc for long

As to spec.
Tomei A poncams would be good .that with a good ecu mapped by someone sensible should give 550ish at about 1.5 .

For that boost most would say go forged or pistons will be the likely issue.

Of course you can get more from 5s - they have been known to get up to just over 670 with a 2.8 fully specced motor

but that is a different level (and wallet)

550ish is still more than impressive though

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re power with 5s There are lots of 5s threads ( but since you asked)

There is what people say they have and then there is what they actually have.

Dont get me wrong 5s are a really good match for the RB26 but some honest facts are in order as confimed by others before me

Non forged RBs dont make that high power and stay together at 550-600 etc for long

As to spec.
Tomei A poncams would be good .that with a good ecu mapped by someone sensible should give 550ish at about 1.5 .

For that boost most would say go forged or pistons will be the likely issue.

Of course you can get more from 5s - they have been known to get up to just over 670 with a 2.8 fully specced motor

but that is a different level (and wallet)

550ish is still more than impressive though
thanks mate, I will def look into it , will check on the Tomei A poncams as well...
if cant make it to 600 bhp is not the end of the world, like you said 500-550ish
would be good enough too...:)

·
Registered
720 Posts
stay just below that power level and your engine may last a while,also if you keep your twins small you will get nice early spool up,if its a road car you wont honestly need more than that,just concentrate on getting it to handle and stop well,and you will have a really nice road car which will still blitz everything in its path,otherwise you are going to spend a lot of money on engine rebuilds,also think very long and hard before you start spending money,on what mods you are going to do,as i know when i first started modding i sometimes spent twice owing to change of mind and direction,
(this is just my opinion mind you,its your car do as you will)

simon

·
Registered
679 Posts
1400cc injectors what you gonna run rocket fuel lol way overkill
injectors if thats ur limit on road fuel 700cc will do

speak to who ever is gonna map your car see what ecu they sugest

·
Registered
871 Posts
Since when are RB26's indestructible ? LOL

1000CC ID injectors would be my pick with a decent set of quick spooling turbo's/single.

·
Registered
376 Posts
i have 2860-5 stock bottom end, tomei poncams b. I make about 410hp on the wheels on 1.4 bar of boost.

I would not recomend boosting beyond that with stock engine.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I think you are right guys , wont be very wise running anything above 1.4 bar on stock internals. Re 1400 cc inj - you dont have to set them to 100% capacity if you dont need to ( if not mistaking ) they are adjustable so one day if I decide to turn my road car into track monster at least I wont have to buy another set of inj as have been advised to go for 700 cc. That would give me flexability , no ?

·
Premium Member
4,447 Posts
very large injectors ( like 1400s) dont usually gave as good a spray pattern as smaller ones so i wouldnt bother with over 700s

They are good for 600bhp for sure maybe more so will cope with anything you can get with 1.4 bar or before you go forged

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
CSB , no reason really , so since I am not forged 550 ish will do ...:)

RSVFOUR I asked you what induction kit you used ( you said it was better them my hks ) also you said had better ecu - hks f con v pro , what about Apexi FC ? What would you recommend guys?

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.