GTR Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys! ( n girls ? )

New to the forum so wanted to introduce myself. Looking at buying my first GTR. Currently drive my beloved RS4 B7 which I will be keeping and have owned for nearly 5 years now. The RS runs at around 460bhp with mods I have done in the last year or so with MRC Banbury. I nearly bought a GTR when I bought the RS but at the time was seeing a lot more of my kids so practicality called and I have always loved the RS having previously owned an RS2.

I have owned many mercs in my time, always mid 80's to mid 90's and my last Merc was the very rare 500E/Porche/Merc Built Beut.

I was looking for some do's and dont's from you guys and have already got my eye on a stage 5 mod at Lichfields.

Nice to meet you all anyway and lets see where I go from here

Paddy

·
Registered
644 Posts
Hey Paddy, welcome to the forum !!

Rs4 b7 is one of my favorite cars :) a friend of mine just bought one like 2 weeks ago actually.. amazing car..

·
Premium Member
8,019 Posts
Welcome to the forum. :)

Do a search on buying a GTR or things to look for and you should get a few threads full of suggestions hopefully.
If not, let us know.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Welcome I have just bought a GTR fantastic bit of kit but it won't get used now till next spring as they have just started gritting the bloody roads near me :-(

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey Paddy, welcome to the forum !!

Rs4 b7 is one of my favorite cars :) a friend of mine just bought one like 2 weeks ago actually.. amazing car..
Thanks for the welcome. Yes it's a great every day car which I suppose is one of the advantages over the GTR!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Welcome I have just bought a GTR fantastic bit of kit but it won't get used now till next spring as they have just started gritting the bloody roads near me :-(
What were you driving? Yeah that's the only problem living in the uk, but you do tend to get some nice dry sunny cold days through the winter though!

·
Registered
600 Posts
hi paddy I to came from a b7 rs4 ............. omg you are about to be amazed it is a very very different animal, tbh the boot in a gtr is massive, you will love the GTR , if you are in the north west we all go (well about 10 of us) out for some thing to eat on the last thur of the month have a look in meets.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I admit I do like the white but also like the black, shame there's no price difference to decide it. Truth be told I have always had an infatuation with a blend of gold and black from my teenage years of watching Ayrton Senna racing his JPS black and gold F1!

My RS is Missano Red and does look good too

·
Premium Member
2,205 Posts
I admit I do like the white but also like the black, shame there's no price difference to decide it. Truth be told I have always had an infatuation with a blend of gold and black from my teenage years of watching Ayrton Senna racing his JPS black and gold F1!

My RS is Missano Red and does look good too
JPS GTR could look awesome if done well

if you want to create that look we can wrap it to that for you :squintdan

1 - 18 of 18 Posts