which mod do I do?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seeing as I can't make a decison on what mod to do next I'm leaving it up to you.

the choice is between exhaust and better FMIC, the car is an R33 GTSt with a HKS 3037 and supporting mods (304bhp ATW)

1. Current FMIC has a core size of 380mm x 220 mm (bar and plate) the replacement (from a known good source) has a core size of 600mm x 300mm (Bar and Plate) with 76mm inlets and suitable piping.

2. Exhaust is currently a NUR spec backbox with custom 2.5" Straight through centre section from the de-cat back, the replacement will be a minimum of 3.5" with at least 1 silencer.

cost is not an issue as I have funds for either but not both.

you decide - you have 24 hrs :)

Simon

·
Premium Member
5,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
it's looking like the FMIC is winning up to now - are you guys sure it's not just cos it will be shiney?

Simon

·
Premium Member
5,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well that's it - 24hrs is up.

the exhust wins it by just two votes.

why do I have a vauge sense of disapointment?

anyway thanks guys - I'm off to see what I can buy :D

Simon

·
Premium Member
5,659 Posts
not sure what the gtst front mount is like, but on the gtr its a pointless mod until your verging on 600bhp

If the gtst front mount is different or inneficiant go for the exhaust as your doing and try and pick up acheap 2nd hand gtr front mount.

·
Premium Member
5,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
my big problem with the current IC is the pipewirk does not leave a lot of room for the air filter and that ends up jammed in behind the headlight.

Simon

·
Registered
7,274 Posts
Simon,
I based my decision on the fact that your intecooler is already uprated, and likely good for 400+bhp.

Get the exhaust, keep it as straight as possible, and about 4" dia, and you'll be loving the extra response :)

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
I agree entirely with Jason on this - the new exhaust note will make you smile as well as have a performance benefit :smokin: (albeit a NUR spec sounds pretty awesome anyway).

·
Registered
342 Posts
I think i would go for the exhaust also, do you know the flow rates of your old intercooler verses the new one as there might not be much in it if they are both using the same size inlet and outlet pipes

·
Premium Member
5,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Jason abz said:
Scissor opening doors like a Lambo? lol;-)

not until I've put on my LED washer lights, 2.2 carat gold spinner (only one cos I can't afford 4) and tinted my windows so dark I can't see out of them.

:D

Simon

·
Registered
242 Posts
Yeah Simon - I'd go exhaust, and try to get a second hand unit, then you will have the cash for a second hand GTR cooler as well :)

·
Premium Member
5,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
well today I fitted a 90mm veilside system after swapping it with Kirbz (thanks mate)

had a bit of a drive this evening and boy is it quiet!! not sure yet about how the performance is difference - it is different but havent yet worked out how..........

Still I can get on with ordering the intercooler now and then will it need a remap?

Simon

1 - 16 of 16 Posts