GTR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just been fitting the UK spec battery to ol' Godzilla Jnr and noticed that I have Rose-Joint suspension top-mounts on the front, I'm presuming this isnt standard, but would like someone to confirm this (Shin, Dino?)

Cheers Guys,

Should have the 480 CCA battery on it for tomorrow, with pictures and associated article for the front page :D

Dan

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Scott,

I'm happy in accepting that my car has probably been abused in Japan, heck I think all Skylines get abuse, thats what they are for :D

As for the book, I am working on a proposal to make to Cem regarding space to release it as an online book, accessible from gtr.co.uk. I think that way its a greater benefit to the community (which is my aim, rather than profit) as its more accesible and doesnt cost anything to read... The pictures of your car will be used in it though so your journey was not in vain :p :D

Atleast those top-mounts explain why the ride quality is somewhat ... merciless :D

Cheers,

Dan

·
Registered
515 Posts
explain

a bit more mate. Where abouts are they? The actual topmounts? You can't adjust camber on skylines from top mounts like on other cars (200sx etc.) you need the front upper link that holds the top wishbone to the arm thingey that goes to the bottom wishbone. Doubt it was used for drifting mate! ;) Not a 4WD car!

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The topmount that holds the top end of the shock/strut has a rose joint in the centre, with no rubber around the outside...

Its raining at the mo but I'll try and get a picture later on today at tea break :D

Cheers,

Dan

·
Registered
515 Posts
nice one mate

Dan

We'll have to try and organise a 32 GTS day soon? Do you fancy helping me organise it? I will book the airfield that I use. Charge people around £50 for the full day of airfield use? Just GTS's though. What do you think? PM or Mail me if you like

James

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
James,

That would be cool, more than happy to help out with it, I know for a start that MattPayne would be up for it, in a couple of weeks time my car should be legal and Matts car should be repaired :rolleyes:

Perhaps early in the new year would be good? Feb/March time maybe?

What do ya think?

Dan

·
Registered
515 Posts
I reckon January

First meet of 2003! ;)

Yeah, who we got with 32's? Me, You, Matt, Garth, Ron @ RK, maybe not just GTS's. GTR's too, just 32's!

We'll have to start a sub-club of the GTR Foum like in Japan. The 32's are in another club called "Narrowbody Skyline". None of those lardy 33's! ;) Only kidding

James

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
James,

Scotts car is lurrrrrveeely ... he has to come along :D

Dan

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Anyone with an N1 engine in an R32 is welcome if you ask me!! :D Can't wait to see that thing in the flesh - what a beastie!!!

Cheers,

Dan

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Scott,

Will keep ya posted, I've not spoken to James in any great detail on it yet, but rest assured a meeting of the "Pure" Skylines will take place in the new year :D

I/We will keep ya posted!

Cheers,

Dan

1 - 14 of 14 Posts