GTR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just noticed this on the 200sx board. Any ideas who it may be anyone?

posted 22-02-2002 13:29
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A few days ago I posted a thread about an R34 V-Spec with a truck load of Nismo bits which my mates father in law was considering buying off of a colleague at work. It has EVERYTHING on it, Nismo wheels, suspension, brakes....etc. This weekend my mate was going to borrow it. Well, last night the owners driver took it home and left parked outside his house in north London! Yeah you guessed it, some ***t nicked it. It has tracker so was found but with a fair bit of damage done to it. The theiving scum strike again I can't believe that the driver was dumb enough to leave a car like that parked outside his house though? That sort of car needs to be out of sight overnight. It a sad state of affairs but you aren't asking for trouble doing that?
--------------------

glen

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
The most annoying thing is some bloke in Coventry has a bayside blue R34 v.spec and it has been out in the road for about 6 months, it never gets used, he dont give a shit about it, and no-one has touched it. Its always the way. I hope his car was fully insured.

Rob

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
r34 scum

lets just hope that whomever stole it has a serious bout of his earholes turn into arseholes and s**tting down his neck.

·
Registered
961 Posts
if some lowlife scum of the earth steals your car
what happens to your insurence?
does it skyrocket?

·
Registered
534 Posts
YES

I can attest to that personally (my previous R34 was stolen)... you make a claim .. and so lose no claims bonus, so your insurance goes up :(

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Re. NC bunus: what if somebody else caused your car to be torched and is liable for the event - can you prevent the NC bonus going up by providing the insurer with data allowing them to get reimbursed by the liability insurer of the causee?:( :confused:

·
Registered
961 Posts
if you put a sticker on the car saying

theres no point its immobolizer galor!

think it would work?

·
Registered
3,636 Posts
To be honest, if a thief wants your car, and has enough time/resources, there's not a lot you can do about it.

You can make it difficult of course with alarms/immobilisors, but as is often the case nowadays if a thief wants your car, they'll either break into your house to get the keys (this has happened twice to a close friend of mine), or try to hijack the car when you're on the road.

The only reasonably failsafe thing to have is a Tracker, but even then that only guarantees you'll get your car back, not what state it will end up being in (and I don't really fancy young car thieves chances in handling a Skyline at speed having never driven one)

What's more annoying (pardon me while I go on a rant) is that nowadays human rights are so back to front that a car thief could sue you if he/she somehow injured themselves attempting to break into your car. What with that, and the fact that you can't legally beat the crap out of burglars if you catch them - everything is stacked against the law abiding citizen. :mad:

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Wow, you should come to Coventry, people beat the crap out of eath other just for the crack, let alone if you steal someone elses posessions from them (which they stole from someone else the week before, and so-on.)

Although I know you are right about it being illegal to injure somebody who breaks in/u can b had up if they hurt themselves, how come the 50,000v steering wheel locks are legal? Is it based on lasting effects? See www.spytech-uk.com and look at the "autotaser"

·
Registered
961 Posts
vennuth

looking at that site i belive u:D
I WILL own a 1000+ bhp skyline within 3 years or I'll kill someone.

·
Registered
961 Posts
cant find the auto taser though:confused:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts