GTR Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
9,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just had confirmation of the rumours that have been going around of a special Nismo R34. Top Car magazine run an article on the possibility of a 500R Nismo car....to mark the end of the R34 run. Since the 600ps Z-tune tuning package/car has not been put on sale it would make sense that it served as a development for the possible 500R.
It will probably feature specials like the carbon Z bonnet, Weldina titanium exhaust, special badging ...much like the 400R. Prices will be high and production numbers low....

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
500R

:smokin:

Apparently one deciding factor will be if there are enough 'normal' GT-Rs to be converted to 500Rs since nearly all the production left upto August is going to be Nur specs
Didn't it say they may only be able to get 20 or so cars ? :(
Gonna get my deposit ready though - jic.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Hi Dino,

Oh no, another special R34?? Maybe I can get this 500R instead of the V-spec II Nur??

Please let me know all the information you know when you know, I am definitely interested in getting one if the price is not WAY HIGH!! :eek:

I am calling my dealer now to tell him I want one :)

Jeff

·
Registered
30 Posts
Jeff

Stop thinking about it. Don't you remember we ordered our Vspec II around the same time? I am afraid by the time you have your car on the street, I will have mine sold already. :D

·
Registered
9,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Jeff...honestly...your Nur could not be a better GTR to have!! As Bean told us they will probably only make 20 or so ....and prices will be pretty high...maybe 9-10 milion yen:eek: !

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
23 or 34

DCD,

The CarTop article finishes up by saying -

with the small number of cars available to Nismo they may only do 23 or 34 of the 500Rs.

The symbolism of the numbers probably doesn't need explanation ;)

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Edwin,

Yes I realized it is taking forever for me to get a GTR on the street, but it would be incredible to be able to drive a special Nismo GTR on the street of Southern California, I am going to try my best to make it happen ;)

And please don't sell your V-spec II anytime soon, it is such a wonderful car :p

Jeff

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Dino and Bean,

Yes I know the 500R will be expensive and the Nur is very cool already, but looking at how special the 400R had become, I would very much like to have a 500R if I can.

Like I said in my last massage to Edwin, it would be pretty incredible to be able to drive a GTR so special on the street of Southern California.

From the top of head, I think I can pull off the money part, I just have to make sure I order one in time :(

Dino- do you still have that Top car magazine, if you do, can I read it when I meet you in Tokyo next week?

Bean- obviously I know what 34 symbolize, but how about 23, I didn't get that one :(

Can you guys please update me on information on the 500R in the future, I would really appreciate it ;)

Jeff

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Thank you GMC :)

Edwin,

I thought you said you don't want to make your GTR any stiffer :p

So are you going to let me drive your GTR if I go back to HK? :D

Jeff

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hi guys,
According to this weeks 'Best Car' NISMO have bought a number of the Nur Spec's and will be Z'tuning them to give 500-550PS and releasing these cars as the 500R. This was the only way NISMO could get around the agreement they had with Nissan Head-office when Nissan announced the Final Edition as Nur Spec and that no other cars would be made.

NISMO wanted to actually launch them as the 600R NUR but the Japanese government wouldn't allow them to be road worthy as they would not use a catalyst-according to a NISMO spokesman.

The car number is not yet known but it is likely that the numbers will be as posted above 23 or 34. The cars will be badged as either 23 500R or 34 500R.

Thats what Best Car said anyway.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts