GTR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quick question, will the Nismo cleaner duct for R34 GT-R also fit R33 GT-R?
I have a slight memory of reading it will, maybe with small mods, but can't find any info now when I need it. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Are you talking about the air snorkel for the airbox? The Mine's carbon work works with some mods (so they claim), but the Nismo one does not work for the R33

NISMO | RB26DETT Engine Parts

·
Registered
3,610 Posts
The standard snorkel is interchangeable I think. I know that an R33GTR snorkel will fit the R34GTR airbox, the only difference is where the holes are at the front to secure it to the front bar- they dont line up. When the bonnet is down it makes no difference as that will hold it down.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, thats the one.
When I look at that picture and compare to my R33, it looks like it would fit, just that you need to drill new holes. Anybody tried that or any thoughts?

Mine's sound like its gonna be a bit more expensive and harder to find. :S

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The Mine's one is about 20.000 yen more or something.
I might just try to fit the Nismo one anyway.

Would both fit over an ARC-box is the next question/problem. =)

·
Registered
24,959 Posts
The Mine's one is about 20.000 yen more or something.
I might just try to fit the Nismo one anyway.

Would both fit over an ARC-box is the next question/problem. =)
no is the answer to that question

the mines one is more expensive becuase they do a carbon or kevlar one

nismo is just plastic

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
what's interesting is the physics behind this. As I have no idea, from what I surmise:

The Mine's snorkel has more volume
The Nismo snorkel appears to be shorter (thinner) but also wider.

What I want to know is, does either design actually get more air into the standard airbox?

the best way of course is to have the ram air design in Z-tune, that is way cool.

·
Registered
24,959 Posts
what's interesting is the physics behind this. As I have no idea, from what I surmise:

The Mine's snorkel has more volume
The Nismo snorkel appears to be shorter (thinner) but also wider.

What I want to know is, does either design actually get more air into the standard airbox?

the best way of course is to have the ram air design in Z-tune, that is way cool.
that z tune ram air is sweeet! it wont work on my bonnet, due to the turbos

but we have just ordered one for a customer, along with the bonnet etc

so i will take a picture and post it up when the items arrive from nismo:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Well the Ram Air effect is obvious.

I'm just wondering if the Nismo part uses high/low pressure areas to get more air to the air filters more quickly, and so was wondering if someone could educate me.

At the same time, it would seem to me that with more volume, the Mine's one is good too, but you gotta think, if Nismo designed the Z-tune for ram air, that has to be even better.

·
Registered
24,959 Posts
Well the Ram Air effect is obvious.

I'm just wondering if the Nismo part uses high/low pressure areas to get more air to the air filters more quickly, and so was wondering if someone could educate me.

At the same time, it would seem to me that with more volume, the Mine's one is good too, but you gotta think, if Nismo designed the Z-tune for ram air, that has to be even better.
i agree...

thought pics of the item wouldbe of interest, as i dont know anyone on here (bar Rain) who has this system installed

1 - 14 of 14 Posts