GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
You can have all the bits fitted to your own GTR think total cost was about £16,000, or you can just have the exhaust for a quick 6k, its all on the wall in the service dept at middlehursts.

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Useless car as for sure your not allowed to take it on track......buy a standard GTR,invest 10k and you will be a lot faster and still have change to buy breaking parts.........:chuckle:

·
Owner of the MSNSPS
5,199 Posts
Useless car as for sure your not allowed to take it on track......buy a standard GTR,invest 10k and you will be a lot faster and still have change to buy breaking parts.........:chuckle:
It might be useful for certain countries. I'm sure I've read that in Spain you can only put factory approved mods on cars so for them this could be the only option...

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
It might be useful for certain countries. I'm sure I've read that in Spain you can only put factory approved mods on cars so for them this could be the only option...
In germany youre allowed to put things on which come with "Tüv" paperwork....how much of this exists for the GTR...correct,not that much:chuckle:

Nobody cares on cars like these,maybe on chaved out Hondas or Opel Corsas...but not on true sportscars:wavey:

·
Premium Member
8,829 Posts
Bloody stupid !!!! same as the Spec V. One question, Y ????

·
6,821 Posts
No the full Clubsport package is £30k.

I'll be doing a full test of it as soon as the weather improves.
Then please tell us the seats have a better alcantara immitaion tissue. . . . I was at the Nissan Gallery in Yokohama and seated in the Spec-V and a Nismo Club Sport GTR, which was there for advertising purposes . . . . both cars seats were worn out and edges busted!!!!! Which is dramatic as the seats cost as much as a new car and basicly the Nissan Gallery has not that much visitors, which would worn out the seats more, then you would anyway do, when you own such a GTR and drive it alot.

·
Premium Member
8,829 Posts
Because your paying for the NISMO badge/name, and Nissan know they can get away with it...
Oh No they cant and dont !!

I waited for the Spec V (after going to the Tokyo motorshow in 2007 with the GTROC to see the GTR released) and when I heard that it was going to be twice the price of an allready exceptional car, I voted with my feet.

Enginge the same, gearbox the same, transmission the same etc why oh why try and fleece us, another reason I went to the dreaded (according to Mr Nissan) "import route" That'll teach em !!!

·
Registered
424 Posts
Oh No they cant and dont !!

I waited for the Spec V (after going to the Tokyo motorshow in 2007 with the GTROC to see the GTR released) and when I heard that it was going to be twice the price of an allready exceptional car, I voted with my feet.

Enginge the same, gearbox the same, transmission the same etc why oh why try and fleece us, another reason I went to the dreaded (according to Mr Nissan) "import route" That'll teach em !!!
To be perfectly honest I agree with you, and if I had been in your shoes when looking for a new GTR I would have done the same (go the import route).

That aside, I would be really interested in the thinking behind the 88K price-point for this car, its not as if Nismo parts cost excessively more to manufacture than other high quality aftermarket bits? Can Nissan really put this inflated price down to ‘R&D’?

It just smacks a little of designer label style price increase… :rolleyes:

Still, it does look cool though :chuckle:

·
Registered
172 Posts
That aside, I would be really interested in the thinking behind the 88K price-point for this car, its not as if Nismo parts cost excessively more to manufacture than other high quality aftermarket bits? Can Nissan really put this inflated price down to ‘R&D’?
Its also very short sighted, if they sell one of these and make 25k profit, thats all you make. But if you had priced it at 12k and make 7k per sale, selling 10 makes you 70k, selling 100 makes you 700k.

Are the Nismo prices comparible with Porsche/Ferrari prices?

·
Premium Member
8,829 Posts
Guys, it doesn’t matter either way, its just rip off!!!

You can always add "bling" to any car, the fundamental reason for the GTR was and is to smash the badge image of the "others" so why then put yourself right back into it with a £124k or £88k car that isn’t significantly better than the standard?? It’s just a (well they think they can) money making machine. I suggest that we all tell them what we think and vote, as I did, with our feet !! Don’t get me wrong, I love Nissan (from a 240Z to the GTR) for what they do and what they stand for but I hate being bent over and ****** and won’t !!!

·
Super Moderator
15,847 Posts
You're missing the point - it's not about 'better', it's about 'different'. There are people out there who won't give a toss about the price tag but will want the image it sells of having a select model. If I were a lottery winner, I wouldn't bother about the money or difference from stock, I'd buy it because it looks and sounds brilliant!:flame:

·
Registered
565 Posts
I had a good look at the Nismo stuff when i was at Middlehurst last.

I must admit i was very tempted by the uprated suspension but in particular the exhaust.

The attention to detail including wind testing and properly designed fins to help airflow and reduce heat was simply stunning, i just wish i had taken a photo now.

I was not overly impressed with the alloys they actually make them look smaller than 20's

It was a lot of money per part but people will buy them, not me though i am afraid.

Regards

ScottyB

·
Premium Member
5,031 Posts
It's for the obsessives who want the Nismo cachet and retain their warranty.

I will report back after I've driven it, but Andy says the suspension is the real killer component. Retains the stock suspension setting control which is really nice.

·
Premium Member
8,829 Posts
NO, no point missed and exactly as you say "if you were a lottery winner" well your not (I assume) and if you are just like the rest of us then you will want value for your hard earnt ££££'s. Both my cars are "different" as I have modified them THE WAY I WANT TO MODIFY THEM and not be ripped off by a name or badge!

·
Super Moderator
15,847 Posts
Lottery winner I wish, I am merely pointing out if you're not worried about VFM and have plenty of it, you'll buy it. If on the other hand you count the pennies you won't.:chuckle:

·
Premium Member
8,829 Posts
Nope, I wouldnt buy it on principal !!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts