GTR Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well after a nice ecu tune up and increase the revs to 9k, the car pulls very hard and very nice driving it home thou was another story ,, pushed it hard 2nd and 3rd went to find 4th and the clutch pedal just went to the floor but the clutch didnt engage I couldnt get out of 3rd..

slowed down got the car in 2nd gear without the clutch and slowly went back to the workshop thought it was hydralic faliur but turns out to be the clutch bearing taking the gearbox out in the next few days.

What I am confused about is why did the bearing let go the whole clutch unit is bought brand new and did less than 10,000 Km

and ya can the bearing and pressure plate be changed to an exedy unit ?

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Bad news Bro !
Can bring you a new one in 12 days if you cant source one sooner ! ;)
Will call you when the flight details arrive.
cheers cokey

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
aye send me an sms or call ,,

Guess no track day for me on Sat but hopefully will get it sorted out by the end of the week for sure.

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well managed to push the bearing back in without removing the gearbox ,,,, then on a few hard shifts it went again .. think its the lock behind the bearing that locks it to the pressure plate is not doing its job :(

Might either buy a new clutch with push type conversion or get a new bearing lock for this one.

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Morning bro !
What do you mean , the spring clip that holds the bearing onto the fork ?
My clutch pedal dropped to the floor and I had no idea. thought it was hydraulic, pulled the pedal up and was back in business.
never had the problem again.
I have a std 34 clutch if you want me to pack it ?
Free to a bad home.:rolleyes:
Get you to the shops and back !:chuckle: :chuckle:
Best wishes.
cokey

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cokey it is the lock behind the pressure plate looks like a Semi Circle holds the throw out bearing so it can disengage the clutch when you press the pedal.

Hmm I also have HKS triple plate with me in garage so I can use it for parts :)

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Hi Bro, you up late or am I up early?
I'll have a look in my vast skip of parts mate.
Think I may have one.
If not find me the part number and I will get you one.
Deffo be out on the 30th, but heading to Abu Dhabi for the rest.
let me know if I can help.
there is time to source anything before I leave.
regards cokey

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
sure thing lemme get the box out tomorow and let ya know whats going on and if I need anything I will sure contact you thanks.

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
all sorted now bought myself a new OS giken clutch with Push conversion ,, have to say much much better in design strengh

1 - 9 of 9 Posts