GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well a very happy man having just come back from bells auto,after just having my nismo coppermix twin plate fitted,as usual brian and scott jumped on it straight away,and within an hour it was done,just drove it home,
(Sevenoaks) and it feels great,i can't believe just how smooth it is,its just like a oem clutch I'm very happy with this upgrade, anyone thinking about it,should put one on.

simon:)

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i bought this on the forum,its was brand new still in the box,for £800 which i thought was an excellent price,and I'm well happy with it,its one of those purchases where you can feel the difference when you drive it.

simon

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
i bought this on the forum,its was brand new still in the box,for £800 which i thought was an excellent price,and I'm well happy with it,its one of those purchases where you can feel the difference when you drive it.

simon
Glad you got it fitted. Happy to pass on the saving

Mine should be on soon...

·
Registered
143 Posts
I tried to buy that clutch but you beat me to it. Ended up with an Extreme Twin Plate in the end which has a nice light pedal feel and is reasonably progressive in traffic. Slightly rattle from the twin plates when the clutch is depressed but nothing alarming. Few hundred quid cheaper than the Nismo too.

Not tried the Nismo one, heard good things but didn't have the option of waiting as the car was already at the tuners.

I'm often around Sevenoaks. PM me if you fancy a drive out.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Good stuff mate, good to see you're happy with the clutch and with the work from the guys at Bells! They have always been bang on to me too.

I have a Nismo coppermix twin plate on my GTR too, best clutch ever! By far.

If you do not need something else due to mahoossive power/torque level, this is the best option available on the market. No doubt.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
guys when the weather sorts itself out I'm up for that,i live one road away from brands hatch,it will give me a chance to stretch its legs,i can't open it up in this weather its too risky,thanks again samgtr i hope your car is ready soon,

simon

·
R35 Section manager
10,644 Posts
Pleased you got it fitted mate.
Best clutch on the market by far for cars up to a safe 640/50 bhp but people on the forum have claimed higher.

·
Registered
961 Posts
I'm assuming your using the competition Nismo coppermix Richard? How is it for using on the road i'm assuming it's heavier? that doesn't concern me too much , but how is the biting point is it sharp or progressive comparing to a 'normal' road clutch.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
They do two different types. One for around 640bhp and a comp spec that is rated to 770bhp.

I run a comp spec and the pedal is soft and bite point is smooth and progressive just like a oem clutch.

·
Premium Member
8,019 Posts
I'm assuming your using the competition Nismo coppermix Richard? How is it for using on the road i'm assuming it's heavier? that doesn't concern me too much , but how is the biting point is it sharp or progressive comparing to a 'normal' road clutch.
Not sure if I am TBH, it was whatever Ron at RK had on the shelf at the time at a good price.
I was under 500bhp then.

It's fine, very good for it's capability and can use it as a daily if need be.
(although I don't as the exhaust gasses me when stuck in traffic)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts