GTR Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody had the upgrade from Middlehurst on their 09 GTR ? If so would love to hear your views on what improvements it makes if any. Looking to have mine changed at the end of the month but want to know if the £1000 is money well spent.

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
Anybody had the upgrade from Middlehurst on their 09 GTR ? If so would love to hear your views on what improvements it makes if any. Looking to have mine changed at the end of the month but want to know if the £1000 is money well spent.

go for an AccessPORT like all the fastest GT-R's

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
How much is the cobb with and without the ability to map it yourself?
Alot less than the Nismo one & unlike the Nismo ECU the Cobb actually increases power:runaway:

Already donning my flame proof suit:flame:

·
Registered
669 Posts
Have to say would love to see a dyno printout from a Nismo ECU? Also find it odd that despite their good name they can get away with, and that anyone would buy a performance upgrade without any figures?

Could just be a very expensive sticker for all the evidence we have so far? :D

Rich

·
Registered
669 Posts
Hmm so £1200 shelled out, no specification, no measurable increase in performance, and not even a sticker to show for it? ;)

Pray tell me, what is it that Nismo ECU owners want?

Rich

·
Registered
7 Posts
I bought a middlehurst M16 edition just before xmas and I have to say the nismo ECU is nothing special you do get a small increase in torque across the rev range and a more agressive feel & better fuel consumption , but Ive only had it fitted about a few months and I am thinking about a custom tune so I would say it is not worth the price tag im wishing that i had gone with a normal black edition now and just bought a cobb to start off with.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Surely by now a head to head of stock vs Nismo must exist??

If not then perhaps a quick drag & dyno may be worth a punt?

·
Registered
930 Posts
I did 2 11.9's with 120mph terminal at Santa Pod with the Nismo ECU and Zaust using RRR and auto box, read into that what you will.

I don't think the Nismo ECU is about power gains more to do with "driveability" from what I can gather, I have never had experience of a standard car to say whether they are noticeable or not. I personally don't think the NISMO ECU is a good way to go for 99% of people because they want more performance.

Also another annoying issue is that you get stung on your insurance for having a remap that actually does nothing (well no genuine power increase), however try explaining that one to an insurance company!!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts