GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All, I need to gauge the interest in an event that Nissan Europe are holding on Tuesday 23rd September at the Nurburg Nordschleife for Nissan owners that the GTROC have been offered.

The details are a little sketchy at the moment and as usual we have very little time to confirm numbers and etc.

The basics are the following but are subject to change in the next few days.

Open to Loyal NISMO/Nissan Sports car owners

• Costs for participants will be ferry / tunnel, fuel, hotel, tyres & brakes (!) – and a small charge to participate in the event. This charge will be about £100 per car with no additional charge for passengers, payable at point of registration on the Nissan GB web portal that will be viewable soon.
• Outline agenda is:
o 11.30 Arrive 11.30am for briefing at NISMO Centre (a pop-up Nismo showroom, including production cars and GT3 race car)
o 12.15 Lunch in NISMO centre
o 1.00 Lead/follow tuition sessions
o 2.00 Open pitlane until end of day – not sure exact time but think 3 hours track access ending at 5.00

All of this is subject to adjustment but hopefully gives you more of an idea.

Participants would need to get themselves and their cars to the circuit. So, travelling on the day, or possibly day before and staying over, and may want to stop over on the way back too.

Please add your names below if you are interested

1. nurburgringgtr

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
Would love to do that, but I can't do weekdays on relatively short notice with a demanding client. Bummer.

·
Registered
342 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have posted it up in all sections as the only proviso is that you bring a Nissan/ Datsun sports car (let us not use terminology like Supercar!)

I believe the issue is the lack of notice and the fact that to get there for 11.30am on the Tuesday, the first Eurotunnel leaves at 6am arriving 7.35am French time and it is more than 4 hours even in a GT-R during weekday rush traffic to get to the Ring.
That would mean taking the Shuttle the evening before and staying somewhere on the way in order to make the briefing at 11.30am European time.

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
This sounds like a mint event John, pity I won't be able to make it as I will be just back from Europe the previous weekend. :sadwavey:

·
Registered
470 Posts
im over there that week anyway as buying a house there so need to sign contract

is this for the gp circuit or the ring itself?

·
Premium Member
3,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It is the full Ring - Nordschleife.

I am still awaiting further instructions from Nissan GB, and unless we get a bigger take up from the UK, then things may change somewhat.

·
Registered
470 Posts
I wont commit yet but yeah I may possibly go as im at the gp circuit on the 24th

·
Registered
818 Posts
Afternoon John,

I will be there with Nismo on the 22nd and 23rd so should be able to do the afternoon session.

·
Premium Member
672 Posts
What would be the chance of a passenger lap if I were to make a detour back from my trip to the Black Forest and Switzerland, I wonder?

·
Premium Member
87 Posts
I have posted it up in all sections as the only proviso is that you bring a Nissan/ Datsun sports car (let us not use terminology like Supercar!)

I believe the issue is the lack of notice and the fact that to get there for 11.30am on the Tuesday, the first Eurotunnel leaves at 6am arriving 7.35am French time and it is more than 4 hours even in a GT-R during weekday rush traffic to get to the Ring.
That would mean taking the Shuttle the evening before and staying somewhere on the way in order to make the briefing at 11.30am European time.
I'm considering this. Hull Ferry arrives Rotterdam 8.15, and disembarkation say 15 minutes, so 8.30 til 11.30 = 3hrs. google maps reckons 3:20 to Ring without traffic so I'd have to have the perfect trip to be there on time, much more likely arrive at 12 noon, or travel a day earlier.

·
Premium Member
3,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I'm considering this. Hull Ferry arrives Rotterdam 8.15, and disembarkation say 15 minutes, so 8.30 til 11.30 = 3hrs. google maps reckons 3:20 to Ring without traffic so I'd have to have the perfect trip to be there on time, much more likely arrive at 12 noon, or travel a day earlier.
The last time I arrived on the first shuttle on a Tuesday morning it took me over 5 hours to get to the Ring. Remember that the schools are back and the work traffic is horrendous in the Netherlands and Belgium. Avoid the Brussels ring road at all costs.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Yeah I was there about 2 weeks ago and that Brussels ring road is a real nightmare week days.
We got ferry from Dover to dunkerque and from leaving Essex was a 10 hour trip in total, quickest I've ever done the whole trip is 9 hours but that's really tanking it the other side

1 - 20 of 70 Posts