GTR Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Nismo exhaust in perfect condition on my R33 GTR but i was thinking of removing the silencer in it to release a bit more of that stright six!
Would anyone with a louder exhaust system such as the Kakimoto system be interested in a swap?
It is a cat back system and is immaculate, your system has to be immaculate for me to consider a swap please.
Anyone interested?

·
Registered
4,146 Posts
If it's the exhaust I think it is, can't believe your doing this!!

I know its a bit on the quiet side, but trust me if you do some long journies, then anything else will get on your t1ts!!!

This IMO is one of the best systems. Just my 2p's worth, lol!!

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
i got a very loaud exhaust on my hcr32 and it doesnt bother me one bit even if im tired on long trips! if nething it keeps me awake as its a lovely noise so i think if you want ian then go for it !

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cheers everyone.
Yes I am either going to have the silencer taken out of my Nismo system or i will do a swap with someone.

·
Premium Member
8,095 Posts
got to admit here aswell,our kakitmoto on the GTR isn't loud,just got a very deep tone,but not loud at all

though a Nur Spec shall be on order for my GTS soon

my 2p on your system,get the silencer taken out as that will make it much louder

·
Registered
74 Posts
323ian said:
Yes I am either going to have the silencer taken out of my Nismo system or i will do a swap with someone.
If you get the front silencer removed can you let us know how much of a difference it makes. I was told it wouldn't make much difference on mine as it's only a small silencer. I still think I'm going to mine taken off though.

Rob

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
My system only has one large silencer towards the rear of the system, roughly in line with where the rear seats are.
Think I will have to get it removed soon.
So what is the loudest and deepest tone exhaust people know of for the GTR?

·
Registered
706 Posts
i removed my centre section silencer in my 5Zigen exhaust...it was noticeably louder so for like 30quid its not bad. still not stupidly loud which is how id like it but what can you do...it does a job

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
I have kakimoto on my GTR
I can swap :D
I want Nimso exhaust.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Think it looks like i will get the silencer removed to free up a bit of sound.
Just got to find a local place who can use 4" exhaust tube!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts