GTR Forum banner

NISMO exhaust system. Need help :)

807 views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Renith182 
#1 ·
Hi everyone,

I just recently put down a deposit for a 1990 GTR32. Apparently there is already a NISMO catback exhaust system on it (they havnt inspected the car yet so it could be a full system).

Ive been searching using google and can't seem to find any info on Nismo exhaust systems. I used the search function in the forum aswell and cant seem to find anything.

Could anyone enlighten me on what models they produced? and how is their performance and sound (in your opinion)?

Thanks alot. Any help will be appreciated.

Ren

#2 ·
Nismo are normally made by Fujitisubo (sp?), and should be a full system.

Intended for street use, so the noise is nice and low, and wouldn't be TOO loud.

Not the best exhaust if you are looking for MAX power, but a very well build system... It seems that anything with NISMO on it is always build that much better, and cost that much more. :D

#6 ·
My R32 came with the Nismo Weldina NE-1 fitted as a cat back. I have now added HKS front pipes and decat. Although I have been told its far to quiet I like it! Used to drive from London to Glasgow once in a while and anything too loud would not have been fun.
Nice low rumble but gets interesting after about 4000 rpm.

I think I've read on hear they are ok till about 450-500 Bhp then will start becoming restrictive to higher output.

#7 ·
hey thanks for all the help guys. i appreciate it.

Yeah the skyline will be at the workshop this sunday in japan for inspection. then they will tell me more. I guess at the auction they could only tell it was a catback and wasn't certain that it was a full system. Either way the skyline im getting has over 25 grand put into it already so im pretty happy.

Ren

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.