GTR Forum banner

Nismo Festival

6K views 49 replies 17 participants last post by  jjpea 
#1 ·

The 13th Nismo Festival will be held at Fuji Raceway on
Sunday 6th December 2009
Once again, this year the GTROC is organisig a trip to the festival as well as a whole host of other activities and visits. For more details on what the trip has planned visit the members events section or just click on this link.

For those of you already over in Japan................... see you in early December!

#5 ·
If anyone is interested, as with all GTROC organised trips we will be producing "Tour shirts". Any Japan-based GTROC member interested please let me know your size and I will price them for you, delivered. Here's the last set of GTROCers in all their refinery! :D

#19 ·
Hey how about this;
Let’s meet up at a PA, get a quick bite to eat, use the men’s room, and then head out from there. The fuel, highway and parking cost will be paid by who ever gets there last.
Be careful, you might have to change a flat before leaving the PA,:chairshot I’m just saying.
But it would be cool to meet up somewhere, I actually don’t care where. I love convoys.
JP

#17 ·
Gonna head up myself. I'll have 1 maybe two seats open. Depends on if one or both of my two older boys wants to go. Most likely, my oldest with come, but possibly my middle one.

Where is the meeting point this year? Same place as last year?
Aki, are you wanting to ride with me this year?

#18 ·
Neal, thanks for the offer. Are you sure? I'd probably jinx your car, then!

Actually, I may not be able to make it this year, so take lots of photos guys. And have fun, hopefully the weather won't be too cold!

#25 ·
Thomas, the show starts at 5:30. But, sound check and rehearsal starts at 1pm.

I really want to go, but if I get up that early and spend half the day driving and walking around the speedway, I wouldn't be worth a damn that night.

If there is a shorter route from Yashio to Fuji speedway that someone knows, that I don't have to go into Tokyo to catch, I might try to make it, but I just don't see me going this year.

No worries, though. I am here for the long haul, so I'll have plenty more chances to go.

#23 · (Edited)
Guys, some local advice:

When leaving Fuji Raceway after the show, don't go right on the 246 to get to the Tomei expressway(Gotemba / Hakone interchange). You'll avoid traffic and also pay less tolls by making a left on the 246 towards Oi Matsuda (about 25km to the next Tomei intersection).

It's a straight road, so you can't go wrong. There's very few traffic lights on this stretch of the 246 and as you'll save 16km of extra distance your trip back to Tokyo will be shorter and just as fast, if not faster. Join the highway at Oi Matsuda.

Only the locals seem to know this route, everybody else gets caught up in traffic to join the Tomei, as they snarl up with visitors to Gotemba Premium Outlet centre & pay an extra 500 Yen or so in tolls both ways (You can also get to Fuji circuit via the 246, getting off at Oi Matsuda)

Don't be tempted to stay off the highway on your route back to Tokyo - after Oi Matsuda there's a lot of traffic and lights on the 246 and the pace gets a lot slower! :thumbsup:

#24 ·
Miguel, great advice! It took me nearly 3 hours to get back to the Tomei last year, what a pain that was.

I think I'll be meeting up with you guys at the PA as well, I'll be coming from either Tokyo or Yokohama.

#28 ·
If any of our customers need tickets please let us know at least 2 days before the event and we will get some dispatched to your hotel.

Please contact us via e-mail @ rhdjapan@rhdjapan.com

Subject : Nismo Festival Tickets 2009

Body :
For those who want the tickets shipped to their hotel while in Japan please include the following information:

Hotel address, time-frame at hotel, number of tickets requested

For those who want the tickets shipped with an order going out before coming to Japan:

Order number, number of tickets requested

Availability is limited, please act quickly!

Here is a Flick Slideshow from last years event!

Nismo Festival Fuji Speedway Nov 2008

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.