GTR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Nismo GMAX Spec 1 (silver cover) twin plate clutch. I bought it with worn plates and before getting it fitted purchased some new Nismo plates, but when they arrived today they were different to the plates originally fitted.

I need to know if these new plates will fit or not, and if not where I can find the right plates for sale.

Pics of the current clutch plates:
(borrowed from someone elses thread on here)

And the plates I have ordered:

NISMO G-MAX Silver Cover Twin-Plate Clutch Replacement Disc

As you can see the difference is in the centre, the old plates have a sort of raised edge. RSP are supposed to be fitting the clutch tomorrow but were doubtful of whether the parts will go together and I dont want them to fit a worn twin plate clutch because with my luck it will slip at the first sign of boost :chairshot Please tell me they will work together!

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I never tried to fit any of the kit together - I gave the clutch to the tuner and then the new plates came a day later. They are running behind schedule so no word yet if they have successfully fitted it all together - I just thought id ask on here before they potentially wasted time fitting it.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bad news - they dont fit! There must be 2 types of Nismo GMAX Spec1 clutch??

Now im left with a car with a load of new tuning parts on it and a worn clutch that is more than likely going to slip during mapping. Im down almost £400 on those plates!

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Good news - with a bit of fettling it appears they do fit! That's put me in a better mood. Roll on next week when it comes back from the tuners.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hi,

i know this is an fairly old thread but how did this end - are the plates you got useable or not? i´m in the process of digging out a set of new plates for my clutch.

cheers

Martin

·
Registered
28 Posts
thank you for the reply - it´s highly appreciated. Do you by any chance remember if it was the 3010C-RS040 or 3010C-RS045 discs you put in ?

Martin

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Im having it swapped out this week coincidentally, and the guy doing the swap has said previously that it shouldn't bite as hard as it does and it may not have been assembled properly. I can get him to investigate and I'll post up the results if you want.

·
Registered
28 Posts
if you would do that it would be great but then again how can it be assembled wrong? the updated discs are identical front and rear and i guess the spring works in each direction so it can more or less only be up to the use of a different friction material? but please post your findings.

Martin

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I have no idea, I only went on what he said. After 2 years of putting up with it being very hard to use, I've decided a coppermix is the way to go.

When the gmax is out I'll try and get some pics of the assembly because, as you can see from my old posts above, one day I was told the clutch wouldn't work with those plates then the next day I was told they had 'fettled' them in.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts