GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
8,553 Posts
Personally I would have GT block, leave it at 2.8L and have some rev capability. Wow, 3.4L :eek: :eek: . That should be fun.
I think you would lose a lot of what makes the RB what it is. However I'm sure there are many who would disagree.

TT

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes...I am hearing from a friend that has a supra with Twin HKS 3240 turbos and a HKS 3.4L stroker kit and he tells me that the 2JZ is far more superior than the RB motor and he has 1100rwhp. He also says that the r32,r33,r34 isnt as aeryodynamically effecient as the supra JZA80 either and if I want to be fast than the Supra I will need to make as much power as possible...I person dont want to say what twin turbo setup I am going for because it will be a 1st in USA and one of the 1st in the world. It has been done by sumo power and Xspeed performance in AU started this but I am going for Twin HKS T04Z turbos with a 272 IN HKS V-CAM System. I need the extra displacement and if the 3.4L wont work I will go for the 2nd highest displacement. Yes and as far as revs..I dont care about it...if I can take it to 9000rpm I am happy.

·
Registered
172 Posts
JUN done a Twin T04Z for RB a year ago. I know of 1 Aus GTR doing the same setup too.

Its not all about displacement for RB engine..

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
loads of threads been done on the os giken block. Thinkk most people say you only really need an OS Giken if you going >1000 bhp. Other than that, you wouldn't be using its full potential.

3,4 LITRES sounds like a little bit much. Not sure what the rod:stroke ratio is going to work out to, but it doesn't sound like you'll get the most out of the car. RB engines can take a lot of revs but you wouuldn't get very high RPM with such a long stroke.

You need to be more specific about what kind of setup you goiing to run, and what you want to achieve from the car in order to determine which block you need. You can stay 2,6l, or you can go 2.7l, 2.8l, 3.0l (OS Giken or RB30).

Each of these has different characteristics, and then are you going to go for twin turbo setup or single turbo.

Street car or drag car? Want driveability or willing to sacrifice a little??

Need more info really.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
I have a 2002 Nissan Skyline R34 GT-R Mspec Nur. its perfectly bone stock beside the exhaust which the owner before me had a factory upgrade I believe. I thought about the OS giken 3.0 then when I heard about the OS RB31 I want it. So now that I know the Nismo GT block is stronger it will save me money and with the same displacement...I am going well over 1000hp+ and I am about torque just as much as high horsepower. once the car is finished it will be a triple threat GT-R. Track, street and drag. So if a 3.4L is to much then I will go for 3.1L or 3.2L if possible. I say 3.4L because I heard someone said before there is a 3.4L stroker coming soon for the RB motor and I figured I could pull it off early before it gets known. But I want twin HKS T04Zs with HKS V-CAM step pro so I can get as much torque at low rpm as possible. I will go into further details on the Nur and the build with anyone that wants to know more about my plans with my car. Plus the people that are going to make the 3.4L says it is possible to get a 3.4L from a 2.6L so that is why I asked. Like I said before if I can get up to 9000rpm I am perfectly happy with that. That is the highest I am willing to take it anyway.

·
Registered
366 Posts
KN: Your in the USA? When you pull your R34 engine. lemmie know. Im in Canada and could use it.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes it is a good condition N1 block I will let you have it. doesnt concern me the at all. I have made if offical and I am going with the Nismo GT500 spec block with a Crower custom 3.1L stroker kit and the N1 block will just be collecting dust so lets keep in touch so we can work something out once I swap engines. Yes I am in the USA.

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
your friend is talking a lot of trash about how great and amazing Supras are - they suck :p

I don't care how much power a Supras making - race him from a dead start or on a circuit with a GTR and you'll own him.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
your friend is talking a lot of trash about how great and amazing Supras are - they suck :p

I don't care how much power a Supras making - race him from a dead start or on a circuit with a GTR and you'll own him.
Hey kismetcapitan...you are in freshalloy.com forums also huh? Yes he tells me that I need to make more power to beat the JZA80 supra in a race. I will just see once I get mine to where I want it. I am looking for well over 1225hp+ with the parts I am having put on the car. Everything internal and some external parts will be heat protected and far better in every way when it came from the factory. So I am sure it will be faster than his car...I just havent told him about EVERYTHING I am doing to the car hehe;) ...I am having dry carbon fiber doors and trunk from elektra. dry carbon fiber R tune hood from nismo and dry carbon fiber fenders from seibon, carbon fiber 50mm taller than stock wing and carbon fiber mirrors from Mine's and I also am thinking about having carbon racing windows from HPI. with sparco S light carbon fiber seats. I will have the carbon sanded before repainting the entire car so only I can tell that its there:D. Yes I really dont care if the 2JZ is more powerful than my soon to be Nismo gt block...but I will assure you that the power and even torque levels I plan to get in the end of my build will be nothing to laugh at. he makes 1100hp from a 3.4L HKS stroker with twin 3240 turbos. I know I will make more with twin T04Zs rated at 720hp each. So I will keep you posted on my plan now and in the future. :)

King Nismo

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
Traction???

As above. I seriously would like to see how much smoke that supra make off the line with 1000+ BHP without moving an inch.

Drag slick? Okay, but then it won't be a triple threat right? Unless you get to adjust everything (suspension, tires, wheel, brakes, etc) for each event.

GTR is a good car not because it can make lots of power, but it have the application to use those power. I am not saying a Supra is bad as shown by the Blitz Supra which hold the Ring record for quite some time...but when it comes down to it, the bigger the power, the bigger the difference between a Supra and a Skyline will show.

Aero- R34 GTR was the first production to feature full under body aero... Supra is years behind if you consider that. That under body aero does not help you go faster, but help you stay on the road when you start doing high speed corning.

Finally, having 1200+ bhp will make you very unresponsive in street and track. On a tight technical circuit, you are going to have trouble against GTR that have half of your horsepower, for example Mine's N1 Spec R34.

Good luck with your project. I personally would like a more "focused" car. I think it is better to be "focused" car and be on top of the ladder, then to be a "jack of all trade" car and be in the middle of no where.

·
Registered
229 Posts
I think a 3.4l is definately an overkill, but if that's what you're looking for go for it. I'd personally go with a RB30 block as it already has the higher deck.

My goals are 1300whp, I am about halfway there on a stock block and 2530's. I have also spoken with RIPS on building me a 3.0 good for the 1300whp and they will be doing my build.

My car is a daily driver and I like to keep it as streetable as possible, but my next set up is a 2.7 bottom end and a stock head with a goal of 800 usable whp. I think I may make or exceed my goals. It'll all depend on your setup that you are using and your builder and tuner is very important.

John

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Well I agree and I disagree...twin 2530s just wont be enough to go against what we have in my town...it simply just wont. I am going for twin HKS TO4Z turbos and I can't switch to anything else. I will get my Nismo GT block and get a custom stroker kit. Jas 3113...you live in the United states same as I do and even though we live very far away from each other the competition is very mean. having 600-700 on the turbos and not to the wheels will get my GT-R destoyed on the streets and I refuse to let or see it happen. I sure definitely wont let him tell me that I should have gotten a supra or even I should have swapped a 2JZ into my GT-R. I plan to be on the track but not as much as the streets and drag races mainly because I dont have any big curcuit anywhere near my parts. I also what the 1200hp+ because I need the power for future situations like beating the new GT-R. I dont want to be slapped around a track or anywhere else by a V6 powered GT-R. I am a GT-R lover mainly the 1st and 2nd generation GT-Rs from the GT-R KPGC10 to the R33 and R34. that is the main reason why I was interested in getting a Nur in the 1st place. My tuner has seen my part listed and he is perfectely fine with the entire build and they are known to be one of the best in the united states. they are the ones who tuned my friends car...he was the 1st supra in the United states with a HKS 3.4L and twin 3240s and he says my build is reachable. I also think he is being a little biased about his supra and I am sure everyone here would agree....and no he isnt on drag radials he is on Bridgestone pole positions S03 from what I last heard and with a car making that much power I doubt he would get track until 3rd get...if he is lucky. So taking him from a dead stop and beating him will be easy. And as far as the power...there wont be another GT-R taking me around a track because the only skylines around where I leave arent even GT-R most are gts. There is a supra that has been calling the fastest skyline out and no one is willing to go against him or even respond...I plan to take him out as soon as the build is finished. there are 800rwhp+ supras everywhere is my parts and I be d***** if I get my a$$ handed to me by a 10 years old toyota. As we speak the car is sitting completely bone stock So I have time to think over the things I want. I am about power, torque, dramatic reducing vehicle weight and handling. Every part that can be changed and upgraded on the car will be so I am not worried about the track. And hopefully a custom 3.1L or 3.2L with twin T04Zs and a HKS v-cam should spool nicely. I dont want my GT-R destroyed by the New GT-R or any other car on the market today. That is why I need to have the extra power if needed. I wont be using 1200hp on a curcuit. I will use most of it for drag racing and just turn the boost down to maybe 650hp-700hp on curcuit racing. I dont want my car slapped around. I dont want to feel that I wasted my money on this car because I havent had it for years like most of the people here. And to the best of my knowledge I have the only Mspec Nur in the USA. I will just keep it stock now and wait until the parts I know I wont change come in and see what happens from there. I will send my performance parts list to anyone that wants to know what I am trying to accomplish is my project by email or I could list most of the parts here. Also ..Has anyone ever got in touch with greenline motorsport of japan?They are a very big key in my build and if I cant have them I dont know who I could get the parts for such a low price. I tried over and over and over to contact them but I never get emailed back. Can anyone help me with this?

·
Registered
172 Posts
if ur not in a budget, why go with greenline motorsport? go direct man...
btw, lets see ur list.

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
Agree, if you have unlimited money, go direct to HKS. That way in case when things goes wrong, you can claim something back. And HKS may be able to offer technical advice when needed.

Now, as for your setup. Twin T04z for street drag or strip drag are fine. But around a track, you are going to have problem with a faster response car.

Best Example was a feature on the RC EVO, Tuning Japanese EVO, and FQ320 EVO.

The RC EVO was running 900+bhp, but it was only a few second faster than the stock FQ320 around the track by the same driver... We are talking about 3x the difference in power. Mainly because the FQ320 have much better response and the ACD help with traction on the corners.

Therefore, I won't be suprise by other Skyline, Supra, and especially RX7 keeping up with you on the track with alot less power, as balance is everything on the track and your build is more power based than balance based. However, if you are going in a straight line, then POWER is a good thing! :smokin:

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Ok my list is this so far..I cant list everything from the top of my head but this what I am looking for right now.

2002 Nissan Skyline R34 GT-R Mspec Nur project

Nismo GT500 spec Block swap
Custom stroker (haven't fully decided yet)
Twin T04Z .81 A/R
Twin GT2 60mm wastegates
HKS evc pro silver edition
HKS fcon vpro stand alone
HKS V-CAM 272 degree IN
HKS step 2 EX 272
Twin blitz SUS power filters
HKS racing blow off valve 2
Nismo Z tune intercooler
HKS s type oil cooler
PWR radiator
Sard cooling thermostat
HKS timing beat
HKS EX cam gear
HKS heavy duty valve springs
JUN titanium retainers
HKS racing titanium 4.01in exhaust
Nismo motor and transmission mounts
Tomei oversized oil pan and nismo baffle plate
Mines triple flow cam cover plate
HPI engine torque damper
Twin HKS exhaust manifolds
triple Walbro fuel pumps
Tomei oversized oil pump
ATS carbon triple plate clutch
HKS fuel rails
RC engineering 1600cc fuel injectors
Naprec valves
Tomei valve guides
HKS twin power ignition system
JUN GT intake manifold
top secret 100mm throttle body
ARC 2 in 1 oil catch tank
Nismo slave cylinder
Trust ACPT carbon fiber driveshaft rated at 16,000rpm
Nagisa auto fender braces
Ohlins flag R suspension
Nagisa auto full pyro (tension rods, lower arms etc)
AP racing front 6 piston big brake strap drive disk
AP racing rear 4 piston
Nismo suspension refreshment (bushings etc)
Nismo roll bars
Nismo Z tune rear member brace set
HKS AF knock monitor
Elecktra carbon fiber trunk and doors
Mine's carbon fiber 50mm taller when and mirrors
Nismo Rtune carbon fiber bonnet
Sparco S light carbon fiber seats
HPI carbon door windows
Nismo Z tune front bumper
Nismo full body kit
Nismo LMGT4 18x9.5
Flaken RT-615 275/35R/18

I plan to have the car a very shiny and glossy black and same with the rims a shiny glossy black.

These are the parts now that I am thinking about getting and will purchase. If anyone think they can find something better let me know I just wanted to give an idea about the direction I am going in. Remember this isnt everything. I may have to include more things in the end.

·
Registered
229 Posts
I'm going to make some comments and I am by no means an expert:

Ok my list is this so far..I cant list everything from the top of my head but this what I am looking for right now.

2002 Nissan Skyline R34 GT-R Mspec Nur project

Nismo GT500 spec Block swap
Custom stroker (haven't fully decided yet)
Twin T04Z .81 A/R
Twin GT2 60mm wastegates- Why? Are you planning on running low boost constantly? If not you should stay with 40-46mm gates.
HKS evc pro silver edition
HKS fcon vpro stand alone
HKS V-CAM 272 degree IN
HKS step 2 EX 272
Twin blitz SUS power filters
HKS racing blow off valve 2
Nismo Z tune intercooler- Will not support the numbers you are looking for.
HKS s type oil cooler
PWR radiator
Sard cooling thermostat
HKS timing beat
HKS EX cam gear
HKS heavy duty valve springs
JUN titanium retainers
HKS racing titanium 4.01in exhaust- you should go for a larger dia size if you are looking for quicker spool 4" will not flow out quick enough for twin T04Z.
Nismo motor and transmission mounts
Tomei oversized oil pan and nismo baffle plate
Mines triple flow cam cover plate
HPI engine torque damper
Twin HKS exhaust manifolds- HKS does not make a twin manifold for T4 Manifolds, it has to be custom
triple Walbro fuel pumps- Why? You might as well something more that will flow more than Walbros
Tomei oversized oil pump
ATS carbon triple plate clutch
HKS fuel rails and RC engineering 1600cc fuel injectors- If you are looking to have the car daily driven I'd recommend dual rails with 800cc and 1000cc injectors for your 1,300whp goals
Naprec valves
Tomei valve guides
HKS twin power ignition system
JUN GT intake manifold
top secret 100mm throttle body
ARC 2 in 1 oil catch tank
Nismo slave cylinder
Trust ACPT carbon fiber driveshaft rated at 16,000rpm
Nagisa auto fender braces
Ohlins flag R suspension
Nagisa auto full pyro (tension rods, lower arms etc)
AP racing front 6 piston big brake strap drive disk
AP racing rear 4 piston
Nismo suspension refreshment (bushings etc)
Nismo roll bars
Nismo Z tune rear member brace set
HKS AF knock monitor
Elecktra carbon fiber trunk and doors
Mine's carbon fiber 50mm taller when and mirrors
Nismo Rtune carbon fiber bonnet
Sparco S light carbon fiber seats
HPI carbon door windows
Nismo Z tune front bumper
Nismo full body kit
Nismo LMGT4 18x9.5
Flaken RT-615 275/35R/18

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Well I dont know...my tuner said everything was ok but the OS giken rb30...he says it wasnt a 1st pick in japan. So I went for a custom stroker kit. Are you sure about HKS manifolds? I have the link here check for the BNR34 here is the link Translated version of http://www.hks-power.co.jp/

I dont plan to drive it as a daily driver. But back on the manifolds. the tuner with the T04Zs had custom manifolds.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.