1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
EVO has given the Nismo GT-R a small review:
Nismo GT-R Club Sports | evo

How does it compare?
We already prefer the GT-R to the Porsche 911 Turbo and Audi R8 V10 and the Nismo mods drive the point home even further.

Can it be said much better? :smokin:

·
Premium Member
7,641 Posts
It's Andy Middlehurst's car.

It's sat in their GTR service area with MH stickers on the side (and the interior in bits!)

The seats are great as is the handling pack, but not sure about the alloys or the zorst....

·
Registered
105 Posts
I'd love to just have the dampers!

The rest you can get cheaper and better elsewhere (my guess).

Cheers

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Can´t understand why they didn´t say something about the 500% GTR Tax.....that is a pure ripoff,as usual by Nissan.....car doesn´t really get better in any area im sure but they charge you money as half the new car costs......for basicly nothing:puke:

Im sure a standard GTR modded with 5 grand will outrun the Nismothing on any track....even if you dont buy a COBB AP and just go for basic things like 15mm spacers,springs,ARB and better brakepads....:thumbsup:

·
Owner of the MSNSPS
5,203 Posts
Can´t understand why they didn´t say something about the 500% GTR Tax.....that is a pure ripoff,as usual by Nissan.....car doesn´t really get better in any area im sure but they charge you money as half the new car costs......for basicly nothing:puke:

Im sure a standard GTR modded with 5 grand will outrun the Nismothing on any track....even if you dont buy a COBB AP and just go for basic things like 15mm spacers,springs,ARB and better brakepads....:thumbsup:
From what I've seen manufacturer approved upgrades always cost way above the market value. The only attraction is for people with restrictive usage conditions for whom aftermarket parts aren't possible.

I also wonder if they do so to gain extra publicity for the cars. Magazines rarely feature aftermarket/modified cars (some more than others) and almost always use standard cars for features.

I always chuckle when I see how much some companies charge for wheel upgrades. To my mind it's rarely worth paying the extra - better to get an aftermarket set (which weigh less) and keep the stock wheels for when you sell the car (or perhaps winter use if they are smaller/narrower than the ones you buy).

The dampers don't sound bad for a road car though.

·
Registered
942 Posts
I just thought I'd randomly resurrect this thread now the paper copy of the magazine has been distributed. I thought the interesting thing is the engine update which claims to give better low end torque although I'm sure the cobb AP roiute would be cheaper

·
Registered
4,906 Posts
And also mentioned are the engine and gearbox remaps from Middlehurst. Are they going to do something Cobb based or is this something new?

·
Registered
4,906 Posts
According to [email protected] when we spoke about a month ago, I'm sure he said they are Nismo remaps/ecu's for both. Could be wrong on the ecu bit though:)
interesting; i wonder if this is the jdm 'rented' ecu item?

I still think Nissan are missing a trick, by not cornering the light re-tune market with an official warrantied ecu product

·
Registered
132 Posts
interesting; i wonder if this is the jdm 'rented' ecu item?

I still think Nissan are missing a trick, by not cornering the light re-tune market with an official warrantied ecu product
From speaking with Andy I think the re-tune from Nismo 'optimises' track performance, and you definitely get more torque low down, and better/smother shifting with the transmision remap/ecu, plus the suspension is supposed to be the bollox compared to OEM.

I suppose it all depends on the individual on what Nismo should be offering - me personally, if it ain't a Mine's 35 (I lolspasm'ed at the price to throw away any warranty whatsoever:)) it has to be a Clubsport as I don't want a VSpec as they are not good value. I would compare it to a Porsche GT3 Comfort(35)/GT3 Cubsport(Nismo Clubsport)/GT3RS(VSpec) scenario.

We've all seen real tools on trackdays driving RS's (well I have anyway:bawling:) and I'd rather find I'm tracking my car at 95% of it's ability (100% of mine), after time, than find I've got a spooled up 600bhp tool that makes me look like a tool on the track, when I'm driving it at 75% coz 'I might not be as good/fast as I think I am' = most people on car forums and trackdays IMHO:D

I think Nismo have it right, save for the price, but exclusivety will help the depreciation as Nismo log it as a 'Clubsport'..... it is a 35, but finely tuned for the guy who wants a warranty on trackday mods, and not for the guy who's kidding himself he can handle 600bhp on a track at full welly:D

Just my 2p:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
From speaking with Andy I think the re-tune from Nismo 'optimises' track performance, and you definitely get more torque low down, and better/smother shifting with the transmision remap/ecu, plus the suspension is supposed to be the bollox compared to OEM.

I suppose it all depends on the individual on what Nismo should be offering - me personally, if it ain't a Mine's 35 (I lolspasm'ed at the price to throw away any warranty whatsoever:)) it has to be a Clubsport as I don't want a VSpec as they are not good value. I would compare it to a Porsche GT3 Comfort(35)/GT3 Cubsport(Nismo Clubsport)/GT3RS(VSpec) scenario.

We've all seen real tools on trackdays driving RS's (well I have anyway:bawling:) and I'd rather find I'm tracking my car at 95% of it's ability (100% of mine), after time, than find I've got a spooled up 600bhp tool that makes me look like a tool on the track, when I'm driving it at 75% coz 'I might not be as good/fast as I think I am' = most people on car forums and trackdays IMHO:D

I think Nismo have it right, save for the price, but exclusivety will help the depreciation as Nismo log it as a 'Clubsport'..... it is a 35, but finely tuned for the guy who wants a warranty on trackday mods, and not for the guy who's kidding himself he can handle 600bhp on a track at full welly:D

Just my 2p:thumbsup:

Go on you know you want to:smokin: and what's with the fanny 600hp:sadwavey:: whether you can handle it or not, lifes to short to live within limits:smokin:

PS: i'm the dick head that T bones you :D

·
Registered
132 Posts
Go on you know you want to:smokin: and what's with the fanny 600hp:sadwavey:: whether you can handle it or not, lifes to short to live within limits:smokin:

PS: i'm the dick head that T bones you :D
Lol mate, you weren't driving an 996GT3RS at Spa in Nov 2007 were you?:D

Know what you mean, but getting older and uglier funnily enough makes you (well me) wiser. Putting it into persective for me at least, I absolutely caned lap upon lap two GT3RS's and a GT2 at Croft, with an original Carrera2 Cup fully caged two up.... so only speaking from a Porsche owners angle, sometimes more power is less:) ......imho :)

And yes I want to:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Lol mate, you weren't driving an 996GT3RS at Spa in Nov 2007 were you?:D

Know what you mean, but getting older and uglier funnily enough makes you (well me) wiser. Putting it into persective for me at least, I absolutely caned lap upon lap two GT3RS's and a GT2 at Croft, with an original Carrera2 Cup fully caged two up.... so only speaking from a Porsche owners angle, sometimes more power is less:) ......imho :)

And yes I want to:thumbsup:
Worse! I'm the dick head who has never tracked other than academy day...tuned the beast already way way way beyond my capabilities but recon if i get 700 WHP and use 60% because i'm old and shite i'll at least have a GREAT time.

I'll still look like a dick but as i said earlier lifes too too short

good talking mate:thumbsup:

·
Registered
132 Posts
Worse! I'm the dick head who has never tracked other than academy day...tuned the beast already way way way beyond my capabilities but recon if i get 700 WHP and use 60% because i'm old and shite i'll at least have a GREAT time.

I'll still look like a dick but as i said earlier lifes too too short

good talking mate:thumbsup:
Lol John, you sound like me 26 years ago, without my little girl born 20 months ago :thumbsup: you will certainly have fun:D

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
have a great weekend bud...I am at lesst taking some training at CADT millbrook in april so i'll know where to hit to maximize the damage.

good talking and life never to short for a new one...congrats on the wee one

·
Registered
57 Posts
Interior and seats look great. Exhaust looks crap, the big quads on standard car look much better and the wheels look rubbish compared to standard car. Nissan has succeeded in making both the vspec and nismo models look worse than the standard car??

1 - 18 of 18 Posts