GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Expressed some interest on this car: 2017 Nissan GT-R R35 3.8 [600] Nismo 2dr Auto COUPE Petrol Automatic | eBay

Now wake up this morning to find videos of it being launched several times and drag raced in a runway/airstrip with loose tarmac

Any opinions here? I would be grateful to hear how 'durable' the NISMO gearbox is + would this new history make the car difficult to part ways with later

Also 'if' it has any form of extended warranty I assume this would be no longer valid.

I searched about NISMO GTR's + Warranty and tried to research about the gearbox durability but couldn't find anything specific for the NISMO model.

Thanks for your help in advance

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Also if you think the car is still worth considering - what impact would you say this has done on the value? Claiming a 1 owner car with 4k miles but it's clear that the garage is enjoying the car which doesn't seem to align with the history they're trying to portray

·
Super Moderator
16,113 Posts
Honestly I think you'll be hard pressed to find any second hand GTR that hasn't had a bit of a life, it is why people buy them.

·
Premium Member
807 Posts
I agree people buy the cars to use but at £129k I wouldn’t be buying this one without a very thorough inspection of its history.

·
Registered
354 Posts
I would discard it for this type of money spent on, imagine how many have made their research and found this YT video etc, this will impact its resale value and maybe costly repair due to some "abuse", all cars have a bit of history in a sense but there is a way to enjoy them.

If you're after one, check this:

·
Premium Member
1,042 Posts
It seems to be hit and miss with gearbox issues. Some standard cars have failed, some modded cars too but I don't think it's easy (or possible) to determine which cars might have issues. Don't know how they've been looked after etc. Service history only tells a part of the story.

·
Vendor
3,842 Posts
FG17AUV,3804 miles, cap clean £113,900 don’t know how much this actually made on the day, anybody?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Honestly I think you'll be hard pressed to find any second hand GTR that hasn't had a bit of a life, it is why people buy them.
Completely understandable and expected - the hope of buying one with low miles is to avoid having it being abused too much.

I don't necessarily mind too much about history that is 'unknown' as a lot of cars will have it - but my main concern on this car is that I can see it has been used in this way so (a) if a warranty exists, will it be affected as its visible use (b) do I expect some form of mechanical issue later on (c) will this affect reselling the vehicle as the videos are public info

If this was an NSX, the club would have already appended some history to their database for this and would definitely affect the future resell, I'm not sure if this is how things work over here too.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I would discard it for this type of money spent on, imagine how many have made their research and found this YT video etc, this will impact its resale value and maybe costly repair due to some "abuse", all cars have a bit of history in a sense but there is a way to enjoy them.

If you're after one, check this:

Thank you for your advice and recommendation

I did look at this one but I realised there will be TAX/VAT duties, shipping, time and registration. SVA for its age as well. :( Wouldn't make sense for me unfortunately

·
Registered
354 Posts
Thank you for your advice and recommendation

I did look at this one but I realised there will be TAX/VAT duties, shipping, time and registration. SVA for its age as well. :( Wouldn't make sense for me unfortunately
You're welcome, that's surely a lot of money on top of the car and they aren't getting any cheaper, just be patient and get ready when one becomes available

·
Registered
37 Posts
"With that in mind, I don't suppose you would choose a girlfriend who has videos of herself doing bad stuff online"

Girl Friend sure why not...Bad Stuff?..you mean sex...Bad stuff..lmmfao...Happy Hunting Dude

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
"With that in mind, I don't suppose you would choose a girlfriend who has videos of herself doing bad stuff online"

Girl Friend sure why not...Bad Stuff?..you mean sex...Bad stuff..lmmfao...Happy Hunting Dude
haha thanks 🤣 was just trolling 😋

·
Premium Member
3,530 Posts
The number plate AY13 ENS doesn’t seem to come up in a search.
The car looks a bit like a members on here that was traded in earlier this year when he bought his Huracan.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Its a standard car being launched , so its should be fine. It was early 2009s that allowed you to disable the traction control and launch. A couple of runs up an air strip wont do it harm. I would ne worried more about paint chips!!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts