GTR Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Administrator
31,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, long shot here....

I've just got some Nismo Carbon end caps and I don't like the Symetry.

Does anyone with a midnight purple R33 GTR, with GTR Carbon End caps fancy swapping one cap, so we can both have GTR on one side, and Nismo the other, in keeping with the original single sided GTR style?

mook

·
Administrator
31,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cos the actual carbon bit is just a sticker isn't it :(

and i doubt they peel off that easy and refix?

mook

·
Administrator
31,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i know ;)

but if you look at this borrowed image, you can still see the white from the original cap, both in the Allen head hole, and towards the rear...

·
Real men use a H-Pattern.
12,040 Posts
The bit at the back is just the surround isn't it? Part of the spoiler not the end cap? I have had three sets of these and don't remember them being colour coded. Could be wrong though. All the bolts I have had are alloy, maybe the pic is deceptive, maybe it's polish. Either way, you'd keep your own bolt.

·
Administrator
31,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
either i'm losing it....

or you are ;)

the nismo bit sticks directly over the colour coded plastic peice which bolts on.

because it sticks over the top... and does not directly replace the plastic cap, the original paintwork shows in a couple of places.

unless of course there are "proper" caps, and stick on copies??

here's an ebay sale of what I've got...

see what i'm waffling on about?

mook

·
Real men use a H-Pattern.
12,040 Posts
Ah, there's the rub mook. Someone must know. Ones I have had - two GT-R sets and one Nismo set - have come on the car. Never looked at them that closely to know if they are stick on or not. I always assumed that they were one piece.

The plot thins. lol

·
Administrator
31,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
lol

nice to know you spent plenty of time polishing and washing your car ;)

lol

thanks for the hel...... no actually, sod that, you were bloody useless!!!

;)

mook

·
Registered
4,146 Posts
Yes they are definitely stick on.

And yes they definitely leave a minute gap all around the original trim. And yes using them from a different colour car would show up!!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.