GTR Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many people have ordered these now? Are people expecting these to hold their money or even go up in value? Id be more tempted if it didnt look so cheap and tacky with the bits stuck on and that ridiculous red line around the car.

If UK numbers are low enough then personally I think it could go the same way as the M3 GTS. Another car that had its looks ruined and people thought was an obscene amount of money for a BMW. It's a shame power only went up by 40bhp and not 140. It should be brutal compared to the standard car but from what I've read it's nowhere near.

·
Registered
818 Posts
I have just yesterday given the go ahead for mine to enter build!

Still waiting on N attack pack info which I should have next week or so!

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Two good friends both saw it in the flesh at goodwood and confirmed it looks as tacky in the flesh as it does in photos. If it wasnt for the looks I think I'd be ordering. I really do think it will be depreciation proof but why oh why didn't they make the aero bits blend in more.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Two good friends both saw it in the flesh at goodwood and confirmed it looks as tacky in the flesh as it does in photos. If it wasnt for the looks I think I'd be ordering. I really do think it will be depreciation proof but why oh why didn't they make the aero bits blend in more.
I agree but I am pretty sure that they are going with functionality over looks.

·
Premium Member
3,733 Posts
It is a matter of opinion. I think it looks mega (and yes have seen it in flesh for several hours at Geneva) and Carbon aero is astonishingly good quality (Williams F1 team autoclave car on not cheap aftermarket).

It certainly doesn't look cheap - and seats are even better.

·
Registered
318 Posts
It is a matter of opinion. I think it looks mega (and yes have seen it in flesh for several hours at Geneva) and Carbon aero is astonishingly good quality (Williams F1 team autoclave car on not cheap aftermarket).

It certainly doesn't look cheap - and seats are even better.

I agree 100% with this. I've also seen it in Geneva and got to sit in it at Goodwood. The only concern is why they didn't feel that carbon brakes were needed for a car that is very heavily track focused especially as the Spec V had them in 2009.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Prices

It will be interesting to see what the re-sale prices do once they've all gone.
I would love one, though it's looking very unlikely due to an expanding family !
How many are coming to the UK ?

·
Registered
808 Posts
How many people have ordered these now? Are people expecting these to hold their money or even go up in value? Id be more tempted if it didnt look so cheap and tacky with the bits stuck on and that ridiculous red line around the car.

If UK numbers are low enough then personally I think it could go the same way as the M3 GTS. Another car that had its looks ruined and people thought was an obscene amount of money for a BMW. It's a shame power only went up by 40bhp and not 140. It should be brutal compared to the standard car but from what I've read it's nowhere near.
Photos rarely do a car justice and neither does looking at apparen upgrades and making a decision on how a car does or doesn't drive.

I own an M3 GTS and it looks and drives epically. I also had an e92 m3 pretty much modded to be like a GtS and it was crap in comparison.

The mods on the Nismo are for effect and some unique to that car. Point is that it works, out of the box and that is what you are buying. People didn't get the GtS and its price was high. I took advantage of that buying one a few years old and a good 30k cheaper. They are now going up as people realise how good they are. For me, it's my favourite currently, and I use it on track where the aero addendas actually work really well.

However, I think the GTR is in a category of its own. Mods carry value and the work done by Litchfield for example is very extensive, more than Nismo in many cases for some parts. Other than some bespoke Nismo body parts, you can replicate or better what the Nismo is and does quite easily and cheaply. Not so with the BMW with its solid sub frames and bespoke engine.

I don't see the Nismo being any more financially effective than the Spec V was and think it will be some die hard, wealthy GTR enthusiasts who do not tune their cars who will buy rather than the serial modders or die hard track enthusiasts. As good as the M3 GTS was out the box, I have probably taken 20s a lap off it at Silverstone and more than doubled the life of brake pads, discs and tyres in the process. BMW made some great choices and took some short cuts too, and Nismo will be no different .

The only special editions where it really is the optimum of everything are the track editions from Ferrari (Stradale, Scuderia and Speciale), the RS Porsches, Black Edition Mercs or the SV Lamborghinis

This all IMHO

·
Registered
551 Posts
Photos rarely do a car justice and neither does looking at apparen upgrades and making a decision on how a car does or doesn't drive.

I own an M3 GTS and it looks and drives epically. I also had an e92 m3 pretty much modded to be like a GtS and it was crap in comparison.

The mods on the Nismo are for effect and some unique to that car. Point is that it works, out of the box and that is what you are buying. People didn't get the GtS and its price was high. I took advantage of that buying one a few years old and a good 30k cheaper. They are now going up as people realise how good they are. For me, it's my favourite currently, and I use it on track where the aero addendas actually work really well.

However, I think the GTR is in a category of its own. Mods carry value and the work done by Litchfield for example is very extensive, more than Nismo in many cases for some parts. Other than some bespoke Nismo body parts, you can replicate or better what the Nismo is and does quite easily and cheaply. Not so with the BMW with its solid sub frames and bespoke engine.

I don't see the Nismo being any more financially effective than the Spec V was and think it will be some die hard, wealthy GTR enthusiasts who do not tune their cars who will buy rather than the serial modders or die hard track enthusiasts. As good as the M3 GTS was out the box, I have probably taken 20s a lap off it at Silverstone and more than doubled the life of brake pads, discs and tyres in the process. BMW made some great choices and took some short cuts too, and Nismo will be no different .

The only special editions where it really is the optimum of everything are the track editions from Ferrari (Stradale, Scuderia and Speciale), the RS Porsches, Black Edition Mercs or the SV Lamborghinis

This all IMHO
Interesting read Blade. . Didn't know you have a GTS as I can't remember you mentioning it on Cutters forum. If you remember I had the G power charged E93. . Which in a straight line was brutal but on the track was pointless.
Knowing what I know now and my new found love for driving on track I would never have spent so much money on the M3.
But I think you hit the nail on the head when it comes to the GTR. . I don't think there isn't much that companies like Litchfield can't do or improve on from any factory GTR. .. especially when it comes to their suspension set up.

·
Registered
808 Posts
Interesting read Blade. . Didn't know you have a GTS as I can't remember you mentioning it on Cutters forum. If you remember I had the G power charged E93. . Which in a straight line was brutal but on the track was pointless.
Knowing what I know now and my new found love for driving on track I would never have spent so much money on the M3.
But I think you hit the nail on the head when it comes to the GTR. . I don't think there isn't much that companies like Litchfield can't do or improve on from any factory GTR. .. especially when it comes to their suspension set up.
There was this thread and this one :D

·
Registered
808 Posts
Yep. I had the ESS charged 92 and time you had your GPower one

Thought I said hello when you first came on here I forget that not everyone knows me on other forums. It's usually Blade, Evoblade or TonyR :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts