GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Aren't they selling?

Very low numbers produced for the UK, yet questionable demand for them

MY15 Nismo's can be had for £110k now - surely that's a good buy in terms of residuals

·
Premium Member
665 Posts
Aren't they selling?

Very low numbers produced for the UK, yet questionable demand for them

MY15 Nismo's can be had for £110k now - surely that's a good buy in terms of residuals
I think you will find that they are even lower than that!

They are just too expensive in the first place, the MY17 was £26k more than the MY15 making it £70k more than the standard Gtr!

·
Registered
6,783 Posts
£150,000 for the then ***8220;revised***8221; MY***8216;17 - that***8217;s why.

Especially as the ***8220;Track Edition***8221; was as good in nearly every department and £££££***8217;s cheaper.

The MY***8217;15 is the one to have though.

·
Registered
26,315 Posts
A new NISMO with a few minor adds is Ferrari 458 territory or close to a Lamborghini Huracan price. Accepted not both of these will retain their value, and I doubt one of them will be good for your back on a long drive but it does put the NISMO GT-R in a completely different category. Whether it's worth it depends entirely on the buyer and what you want from the car. For sure, it's not your average GT-R!

·
Premium Member
665 Posts
A new NISMO with a few minor adds is Ferrari 458 territory or close to a Lamborghini Huracan price. Accepted not both of these will retain their value, and I doubt one of them will be good for your back on a long drive but it does put the NISMO GT-R in a completely different category. Whether it's worth it depends entirely on the buyer and what you want from the car. For sure, it's not your average GT-R!
If the new nismo was priced around the £125k mark then I think Nissan would sell a lot more, I would certainly have been interested. I think they are very impressive and exclusive.

·
Premium Member
2,514 Posts
£125k plus carbon breaks, that would be a great package.

Reactions: MonacoMaven

·
Premium Member
8,019 Posts
As Trev said, track edition has a lot of the improvements the Nismo has over a standard GT-R but it's £10k more, where the Nismo is £70k more.

It just doesn't add up to me at all!

Track edition has wider front wings and the Nismo front hubs, suspension, wheels, bonded chassis and improvements underneath as well.
I really don't get why the track edition does not sell more when just £10k over the standard car. I couldn't go back to standard GT-R now.
And the Track Edition being so good is exactly why I would not pay £60k more for a Nismo, just the get the body styling and a few other bits.

Then there is the fact it's a £150k Nissan... and still comes with steel brakes. Seriously. It should carbon ceramic brakes 100% for that price!

·
Registered
46 Posts
There are some pictures of the NISMO with ceramic brakes floating around.
I am wondering if its a "special" or a facelift for 2018/2019.

I am very tempted to get one, and the brakes would be a deciding factor for sure.

CT17 your car is perfect!
I am finding it very difficult to get a LHD car in track edition and the LM20 upgrades without getting very close to NISMO money.
with the limited numbers the NISMO could/should become a collectable, but who knows.

VW products in this price range are nice but do you guys honestly get excited by an R8?

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Track edition has wider front wings and the Nismo front hubs, suspension, wheels, bonded chassis and improvements underneath as well.
I really don't get why the track edition does not sell more when just £10k over the standard car. I couldn't go back to standard GT-R now.
Are the Track Edition's getting the same discounts as regular MY17's?

Maybe that's why.

·
Registered
818 Posts
There are some pictures of the NISMO with ceramic brakes floating around.
I am wondering if its a "special" or a facelift for 2018/2019.

I am very tempted to get one, and the brakes would be a deciding factor for sure.

CT17 your car is perfect!
I am finding it very difficult to get a LHD car in track edition and the LM20 upgrades without getting very close to NISMO money.
with the limited numbers the NISMO could/should become a collectable, but who knows.

VW products in this price range are nice but do you guys honestly get excited by an R8?
The pictures floating around with Carbon ceramics on the Nismo are of mine I believe. Iain Litchfield fitted them for me last year.

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Are the Track Edition's getting the same discounts as regular MY17's?

Maybe that's why.
My local dealer has offered £5k dealer contribution and 3 years servicing for £350

Minimum 6 month wait, however

·
Registered
17 Posts
As Trev said, track edition has a lot of the improvements the Nismo has over a standard GT-R but it's £10k more, where the Nismo is £70k more.

It just doesn't add up to me at all!

And the Track Edition being so good is exactly why I would not pay £60k more for a Nismo, just the get the body styling and a few other bits.

Then there is the fact it's a £150k Nissan... and still comes with steel brakes. Seriously. It should carbon ceramic brakes 100% for that price!
Anything i have seen about the track pack has always said, 10k can not be justified? but the Nismo has gone around the ring 7.08 and thats without carbon brakes, i dont see many cars getting round there quicker on the list, so Nismo must be doing something right.

Nissan would have given the car the power they thought they needed, and set up the chassis and suspension, everything perfectly balanced.
I'm sure Nissan could justify the price difference with the r&d thats gone into it. If they had wanted to bolt on a few bits, and put carbon breaks they could have easily. Maybe the car could achieve what they set out to do 7.08 without carbon breaks? Maybe the breaks would have helped, maybe not but i bet Nismo know the difference, and that might be the reason why it has not got them. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
6,783 Posts
Anything i have seen about the track pack has always said, 10k can not be justified? but the Nismo has gone around the ring 7.08 and thats without carbon brakes, i dont see many cars getting round there quicker on the list, so Nismo must be doing something right.

Nissan would have given the car the power they thought they needed, and set up the chassis and suspension, everything perfectly balanced.
I'm sure Nissan could justify the price difference with the r&d thats gone into it. If they had wanted to bolt on a few bits, and put carbon breaks they could have easily. Maybe the car could achieve what they set out to do 7.08 without carbon breaks? Maybe the breaks would have helped, maybe not but i bet Nismo know the difference, and that might be the reason why it has not got them. :thumbsup:
The Nismo you speak of had £80k worth of ***8220;extras***8221; and isn***8217;t the basic Nismo you buy from the dealerships.

7:08 is the N Attack package Nismo.

But either way, still doesn***8217;t have carbon ceramic brakes - odd, as it would have been quicker with them.

·
Premium Member
8,019 Posts

As Trev said.
The options pack was many, many thousands extra on the older shape Nismo.
In fact when that shape Nismo came out they didn't even have an exact price for the N attack pack, it was sold and fitted later, after you already had the car.

Yes the car does exist (there is 1 in the UK) that did that ring time, but it's nothing like a Nismo the local dealer has. Which is mostly a track edition with Nismo body styling and interior tweaks.

·
Registered
17 Posts
The Nismo you speak of had £80k worth of “extras” and isn’t the basic Nismo you buy from the dealerships.

7:08 is the N Attack package Nismo.

But either way, still doesn’t have carbon ceramic brakes - odd, as it would have been quicker with them.
Nissan didn't do an official lap time in the spec v, interesting to know if the breaks were that good, maybe the improvement wasn't big enough. Like the Nismo with the N attack package, we do not know how much slower it would be around the ring without it, maybe the difference in both cases wouldn't be a big as you think?

·
Registered
17 Posts
As Trev said.
The options pack was many, many thousands extra on the older shape Nismo.
In fact when that shape Nismo came out they didn't even have an exact price for the N attack pack, it was sold and fitted later, after you already had the car.

Yes the car does exist (there is 1 in the UK) that did that ring time, but it's nothing like a Nismo the local dealer has. Which is mostly a track edition with Nismo body styling and interior tweaks.
The N attack pack is also available for your car.

1 - 20 of 84 Posts