GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

My name is Andy. I've been on various other forums using the name Raw since 2002 so signed up using that. Recent forums I've been active on are Club G40 (Polo G40) and MX-5 Nutz.

I've just put a deposit down on an R32 from HJA. It's the Grey one with Nismo interior & Reimax exhaust. I bought it mainly because I was looking for a clean low spec car. The interior is a bonus because I do prefer it to the standard one.

Ozz was telling me the Nismo interiors are very rare so I went looking for more info on them. I have found photos of other Nismo branded seats that have the old style Nismo logo above the seat belt hole.

But the ones in the car I've reserved have the newer Nismo logo on below the seat belt hole.

See images of the interior in my photobucket album. The link is pasted below with spaces in. This is because I tried to post pictures and links but my sub 15 post count won't allow. Perhaps somebody could post some links for me if I sent them by PM?

ht tp : / / s48 .photobucket .com /user / RAWGT /library /R32

Thanks,

Andy

·
Premium Member
3,840 Posts
It's a Nismo Omori factory retrim. Only one I've seen other than on the Omori factory website.

You have seriously lucked out, that car is a gem.

If I hadn't invested so much time and effort into mine I would have sold it all and bought yours.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Any other advise for a first time GTR buyer will be great fully received!

Cheers

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
^^^ i know temptations are hard to resist but try to keep it stock, keep it clean, avoid crazy body kits and silly stickers, maintain healthy engine. if you take this route, your 32's resale value will balloon up! otherwise, it will depreciate :thumbsup:

edit: if you plan to mod it, go for decent upgrades

·
Premium Member
3,840 Posts
Just keep the Nismo theme if you change anything.

And keep any bits you take off in case you want to change it back in the future.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It has the front Nismo damper and Reimax down pipes, hopefully they will be equal length for better acoustics! I've not actualy seen it yet, off to view next Friday and then collect a week or so after that.

I'm hoping to find the ceramic turbines have been replaced and that it's running happily with the restrictor removed.

So giddy

·
Registered
9,654 Posts

·
Owner of the MSNSPS
5,199 Posts
^^^ i know temptations are hard to resist but try to keep it stock, keep it clean, avoid crazy body kits and silly stickers, maintain healthy engine. if you take this route, your 32's resale value will balloon up! otherwise, it will depreciate :thumbsup:
This has been covered a few times. But I wouldn't be certain that modding the car will make it depreciate.

Yes crap mods will have a negative effect but the correct mods are unlikely to hurt resale, maybe even add a little value.

The seats do look very well done. Maybe even the best I've seen. I'd love to see it in the flesh.

Thinking outloud but with that lovely retrim you might want to stick to Nissan/Nismo parts.

Enjoy!

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
This has been covered a few times. But I wouldn't be certain that modding the car will make it depreciate.

Yes crap mods will have a negative effect but the correct mods are unlikely to hurt resale, maybe even add a little value.

The seats do look very well done. Maybe even the best I've seen. I'd love to see it in the flesh.

Thinking outloud but with that lovely retrim you might want to stick to Nissan/Nismo parts.

Enjoy!
yes cris, i meant for wrong mods. yes definitely decent mods will either hold or increase its value =)

hope you are ok

·
Registered
197 Posts
You can buy that nismo interior retrim kit off nengun you simply take the old covers off and put those one son I was considering it myself

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks to all those who've posted with info & advice. Sounds like I've got something quite unusual and desirable, I've already had a PM asking if I'm looking to sell the interior!

It's only been 3 days since I put the deposit down, and I'm a wreck. I've aspired to own an R32 since I was about 13 y/o. 20 years, 1 wife and 2 kids later, I've only got 2 weeks to wait and it's killing me!

What can people tell me about the Reimax exhaust system? the car I've reserved has the Reimax down pipes and (I presume) cat back system. Will it have both mid & rear silencers? how should it sound? are the cans re-packable?

·
Premium Member
1,622 Posts
It's only been 3 days since I put the deposit down, and I'm a wreck. I've aspired to own an R32 since I was about 13 y/o. 20 years, 1 wife and 2 kids later, I've only got 2 weeks to wait and it's killing me!
Yup...I know exactly how you must be feeling Raw, I spent a good sixteen years ogling R33's until I couldn't resist the urge to own a GT-R any more. I couldn't sleep the night before I went to collect my car. I'm sure you'll enjoy your Skyline and won't be able to stop smiling when it finally arrives!:D

1 - 20 of 27 Posts