GTR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Had my nearly stock NISMO out for a open track session late last month.

#500 of the 560 NISMO's produced.
Stock airbox
Stock boost
Stock exhaust
Stock suspension
R34 Wheels
Toyo R888 tires
Full Race ETS-Pro
Carbotech brake pads
Castrol SRF
Goodridge brake lines

Had no great hopes for the car. On stock suspension she rolls a bit though corners.
http://www.gtrusablog.com/2014/02/nismo-r32-gt-r-at-buttonwillow-raceway.html

Anyway. Was a nice fun day. Perfect SoCal weather. Car never got too hot, not like the last day at Auto Club Speedway.
http://www.gtrusablog.com/2013/09/fontana-nissan-5-meet-auto-club.html

I left the ETS Pro off for part of one session, and was wondering why the car was sliding around so much.

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I want to keep it stock, and I want to not. Ha ha. I've been working on these things for so long, I have gathered a lot of parts.

I would have done suspension, but when we put it on the corner scales with me in it, was 50/50 corner weights. I was like....well 24 years old, seems happy. Nissan Skyline GT-R s in the USA Blog: Weighing the Show or Display Nismo R32 Skyline GT-R

I wanted to run it at a few local tracks, and then just leave it alone. But I can't help myself. Just bought a few more NISMO's, and I have a POS 89 that I will turn into a real track car.

On the bank at Fontana - AutoClub Speedway.

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
what do you think of the ETS-Pro, Sean?
I liked it. Shut it off when I was moving around in the pits, so then the car didn't bind up like it does at low speed.

On track I mostly stayed pretty low in split, as my car doesn't make much power.

When I turned it up, I noticed that my stock clutch started to slip. So must be doing something.

When it was off by accident, noticed, hmmm, sliding around a bit more than normal.

So overall, really like having fingertip control of the center diff.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
This is beautiful, so clean too!
How long have you had it?
Apparently the stock shock spring rates are pretty low in the 2-3kg region.
Keep the info/updates coming!
:thumbsup:
Bob

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
1 - 14 of 14 Posts