GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi
i like the nismo z-zune bodykit, but i dont like the price for it :(
i allready have the nismo front bumper (original), i would like to get these wider side fenders, side skirts and the hood too.

i dont need carbon, it will be painted anyways.
ive seen seibon is selling these hoods, but the front fenders look different.
i also have seen these side skirts and the part that comes to the rear bumber, but cant find the adress anymore.

any idea?

·
Registered
26,772 Posts
nismo ones are priced for a reason

they fit perfectly, they are very high quality and they put alot of work into the development

sad you want to fit copies of a cheap body kit to a 34

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
sure, i like to pay 4000€ incl shipping for a nismo hood instead of a 1000€ (incl shipping) seibon that fits to 99%.

its a sad world, i also wear a casio instead of a rolex :D

dont let us start to discuss about nismo prices, they are the same like AMG or BMW-M in germany. you pay for the name and the right to put a cool sticker on your car.

·
Registered
9,657 Posts
Have a word with Gary at JAPSALON fella & see what he can do for you :thumbsup:

·
6,821 Posts
I am not aware of Nismo copies . . explicit Z-Tune bumper/fender copies, and those under sidestep/rear spats copies.
The stuff I do know are the Do-Luck like bumper/fender copies sold on yahoo auctions, which are basicly japanese private seller with relations to china, where those copies were made quick, cheap and nasty.

Nismo parts are overpriced , as many aftermarket bumpers have the same fitting, allignement quality and cost the half . . . on the other side will it be difficult to find copies for a 1/5 of the original price that will fit streight 99% perfect . .you are more looking at 40% perfect, no matching holes and waves like on waikiki beach!

I would jump on the first set of z-tune copy fenders if I would knew they would fit about 80% to the Nismo quality and cost not more then 50000Yen the set.

Unfortunately the cheapest quality R34 GTR fenders on the market are the Cross Factory GTR copy fenders in FRP. Slightly wider then the original R34 GTR fenders they come with a complete fitting kit and cost around 60000Yen not painted or 86000Yen allready painted.
That quality is the best value for price I have ever seen in the GTR aftermarket fender parts.

Unfortunately too many made in china crap gets sold on the net.
Don`t go for the first copy that looks good on a pic, it might be utterly crap.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thats why i ask you guys, thanks for that information :)

what about seibon parts? are they ok? i know some guys with seibon carbon hoods on a supra, they said it fits 100%.
i dont want to buy chinese stuff, but i think thailand or japan also produce copies in much better quality.

i know nismo is really good, but who buys a 1500€ oil cooler. pricing is not from this planet, sorry.

·
Registered
663 Posts
to a curtin degree I agree the genuine is good but they are not the best. about 8 years ago when I had the evo I was one of the first people who bought a varis Front bumper for my evo and I can tell you the truth the fitting was awful and the guys in the body shop took so much time to put the bumper on is unbelieve able, the bumper has cost me almost £1000.00 inc tax and duty from takakira back then, so I wont say genuine is defo the best quality.

Same goes to the Top secret carbon diffuser I have bought a genuine one from matty last year just before I sold my R33 GTR and to be honest I wasnt too please with it either as it has cost me £750.00 for it and is made out of wet lay carbon with a joint line down the middle of the carbon, but at the time it didnt matter as I have sold the car with the diffuser included so the new owner is happy.

As much as I like genuine stuff but I dont think they are as well made as people think especially for the price you pay.

Also When I bought my First GTR 5 years ago it came with a set of genuine Nismo Side skirt which has a crack at the side and I have change it later on for the replica top secret item (perfect fitment funny enough as I fitted it my self) as I think it look nicer, and the thing is I have sold it for £600.00 damage and to me I just think its only a fiber glass side skirt, it doesnt matter how good quality or time spend on this side skirt is still fiber glass and doesnt cost more than 50p to make.

talking about nismo I remember I was talking to a member here in one of our local meet who had a midnight purple 3 R34GTR (cant remember his name) he bought a Genuine Nismo Carbon bonnet which he say it has cost him almost 3k and he say the quality is very good but no where near perfect especially with the price he pay and he also show me areas that was poorly made and the waves was not even on the underside on the bonnet etc. (cant see the top as he has painted it) and to be honest I dont blame him from moning especially if he paid almost 3k for the bonnet.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
I wouldn't bother with copies. This has been gone through before. You can get a good feel for the argument if you do a search. I bought a copy of a kit a while back and it went straight back to the seller.

I'd ask yourself this question, is part of the reason you want a bodykit to clean up the paintwork and appearance of your car? If the answer is yes, your money would be better spent on getting a decent body shop to bring your entire car's paintwork/bodywork back to concourse condition and save up for a genuine kit.

At the end of the da, you're not going to see a return on an after market kit when you sell the car.

Not only all that, but have actually seen the way some of these copies have to be fitted to the car :puke:

They can't stand the test of time with all the fiber glass and filler people use.

This is just my opinion, i'm not wishing to put anyones nose out of joint. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
95 Posts
i have a question, there are to types of nismo z-tune front bumpers..which one is which one, and where can i get them?

·
Registered
663 Posts
the pic at the top is just a nismo front bumper, the second one is the Nismo Z tune front bumper.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
i have a question, there are to types of nismo z-tune front bumpers..which one is which one, and where can i get them?

The amount of work that would have to go into getting a copy kit to fit perfectly and have as sharp angles as that would bring you right up to, if not over the cost of the actual kit.

Genuine ones may be expensive, if over priced, but most fit straight on using OEM holes and no hacking and slashing of body work is required.

The difference is a kin to a Squire Stratocaster and a USA Stratocaster guitar, they are just not the same.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

lip is in the paint shop but looks like in the first pic. seems like i have a mix of both

·
Registered
4,146 Posts
No thats a Z-Tune bumper, missing the V-Spec lip which you say is at the paint shop

I find that hard to believe that the bonnet was a Genuine Nismo item. I have one on mine, and the weave on the underside is just as good as the top. I'm really picky, and couldn't fault anything with mine! Absolutely superb, and a piece of art!

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
hi
i like the nismo z-zune bodykit, but i dont like the price for it :(
i allready have the nismo front bumper (original), i would like to get these wider side fenders, side skirts and the hood too.

i dont need carbon, it will be painted anyways.
ive seen seibon is selling these hoods, but the front fenders look different.
i also have seen these side skirts and the part that comes to the rear bumber, but cant find the adress anymore.

any idea?
Did you buy a saibon hood at the end? fount about the quality?

1 - 20 of 46 Posts