GTR Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have details of this engine or know the differences/advantages of it. It may be a silly question but does the N in N1 stand for Nismo. Is it built and tuned by Nismo. Also, are they all blue?

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
blue engines are built by Tomei, an independent tuner not affiliated with Nissan. They make some damned good stuff though. IIRC N1 refers to a class of racing, like Group A.

·
Registered
5 Posts
The N1 Refers to the N1 block which was built to race in group N racing which explains the "N". The Block featured higher flow oil and water pumps, Stronger blocks with thicker water jackets and came with more reliable ball bearing turbo chargers. Alot of N1 blocks are sourced for high HP engines due to stronger blocks that can take more punishment

·
Registered
261 Posts
Do Rb26 blocks don't have a bottom (sump side) not flat?
We had the original R34 block for facing and we found that it doesn't stand flat (like distorted)on the surface grinder.Now we bought a brand new N1 block and we found it the same.
Anybody noticed this.

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
You need the crank girdle in place and torqued up. Only then can you establish if it is distorted or not.

The girdle is a tight fit within the block, and the torque applied to the block from the bolts that hold the girdle in place will very slightly change the shape of the block, so to establish whether it is distorted or not you need the crank girdle in place.

·
Registered
2,753 Posts
he means the cradle that holds the bearings in. if its not bolted up tight the block distorts its the same with the head! the bores distort when the head is off,this is why you need to bore the block with a head plate!

·
Registered
261 Posts
sorry about these questions but this is new with these engines.
I have a new n1 block and I what to rebore and reface but the block does not stay flat on the machine.
What to I need to do,do I just tight the block down on a the flat surface?

·
Registered
261 Posts
How do I face the block and rebore.
I torque the main caps and tighten it down on the surface of the machine?
If I would need a head plate from where can I get one please.

Thanks for your help

·
Registered
2,753 Posts
bolt the cradle up and check for flatness? beleave me it makes a big diffrence.as for reboreing it really needs to be done with a head plate to hold the bores in shape the distortion is up to 2 thou and not just barreled all over the place!

·
Registered
261 Posts
I would like your opinion I want to face the block and rebore to fit longer sleeves.I already have a 29mm thick steel spacer to increase deck.
What is your opinion to do first face the block or rebore first?

Thanks

·
Registered
261 Posts
So when I torque the girdle and still does not face perfect with the facing machine table do we have to shim the block or just tighten it up to the face?
And after do you think that the 29mm spacer is thick enough to be use it as the head plate.
Unfortantly I'm in Malta and this is the first RB being tuned.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,753 Posts
i would shim the block until the head face is level as this will be @90 to the bores,yes i would think the 29mm spacer is good enough as it made of steel and the normal head plate are aluminium (to replecate the cylinder head) check how parrallel the head surface is buy the line boring on the bearing surfaces? as long as the head face is 90 to the bores and parallel to the crank you sould be good to go?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.