GTR Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Administrator
31,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
guys,

ive got some genuine R33 GTR Nismo rear spats.

I've had them sprayed off the car and now want to fit them

they appear to have had been held on with some sort of glue before, despite 3 screw holes.

has anyone fitted these themselves, if so, did you use sikalex or similar, or double sided sticky pads?

any input?

thanks

mook

·
Registered
855 Posts
guys,

ive got some genuine R33 GTR Nismo rear spats.

I've had them sprayed off the car and now want to fit them

they appear to have had been held on with some sort of glue before, despite 3 screw holes.

has anyone fitted these themselves, if so, did you use sikalex or similar, or double sided sticky pads?

any input?

thanks

mook
Mine were held on with a strip if double sided trim tape aswell as the three screws.

·
Administrator
31,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
did i buy them off you?

:shy:

Cos i did see some sort of tape on there but didn't know what it was.

could i use the really sticky pads that you use to hold on number plates do you think?

mook

·
Registered
752 Posts
spats

hi i started to use double sided tape but in the summer it sagged so i used good old sikaflex only problem if you evre have to remove them:bawling:
sikaflex is very strong, best of luck.;)

·
Registered
6 Posts
i wouldnt recomend sticky tape. Used to have the spats on my supra held on using sticky tape and screws until one high speed blast caused one of them to be ripped off. Id use Tigerseal and screws, i learnt the expensive way.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.