GTR Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Does anyone know if this kit comes with metal or paper gaskets.
I know that the head gasket is a metal 1.2mm one but the intake and exhaust gaskets?

The kit is for an Rb26
Thanks

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
the head is Nismo metal, but the rest is standard OEM bits, which is a mix of paper and metal (paper exhaust, metal turbo, etc)

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
right, got them backwards.

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
I bought metal intake and throttle gaskets (Tomei) to go with the Tomei exhaust gaskets I had on hand, but then I was wondering...the intake doesn't see high pressures nor high temperatures, so what's the point? reusability? anyways, I've got 'em, I'll use em.

If anyone needs the standard bits from a Nissan gasket kit, PM me, I've got lots left over.

·
Registered
4,146 Posts
I guess the paper ones deteriorate after a while hence quite a few R32's have this problem with the intake manifold gaskets leaking.

At the end of the day they're around 15 years old or so. I guess the metal ones will last longer, and if you've removed an inlet plenum then you'll understand why you don't want to take it off regualarly!!!

I fitted HKS metal ones when i did my plenum. And you'll be surprised how cheap they are aswell IMO.

·
Registered
198 Posts
How much boost will the head gasket that comes whit this package take?
Should i consider use something else for 1,8-2Kg boost?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts