GTR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
that does look sweet - if they offer it as a kit I'm all over it, but I suspect it's an in-house thing only...meaning only done at the Omori Factory :(

·
Registered
2,753 Posts
Standard R32 seats are injected molded, ie the covers are made the standard way and then injected with foam! or the covers are now not removible.
The custom kits are covers made to go over the top pf the origanals and beleve me this is not a diy job, i no because im in the trade and have done my own set.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hmm are you sure, because why does they have zippers backside ?

Standard R32 seats are injected molded, ie the covers are made the standard way and then injected with foam! or the covers are now not removible.
The custom kits are covers made to go over the top pf the origanals and beleve me this is not a diy job, i no because im in the trade and have done my own set.

·
Registered
2,753 Posts
oh yes mate im quit sure! if they didnt have zips in the back how would you get the seat frame in?

·
Registered
4,145 Posts
Yes the zips are placed for nothing more than to get the covers on the seats. They do absolutely nothing for making the whole job easier. They have to be there due to the shape of the seats. I myself saw Robson do this job when they were here for the group buy, and trust me its not your usual retrim job as Andy H has also said.

As for the Nismo link above, I don't think Robson has anything to do with this, although i could confirm from them. Due to the nature of Nismo i would have thought they would have done it in-house much like the Z-Tune retrim (urgh!!!). The job does seem to appear to be top notch, but then again this should be expected of Nismo products.

The other link on here is from another company called "superior Auto creative" or something. Their quality is nothing compared to that of Robson as can be confirmed from the Japanese citizens on this board, i.e. Bean, Gio, DCD, etc

If you do like what you see in the Robson Group Buy, then let me know as I will be planning for Robson to come back to the UK to do another group buy.

·
Registered
9,546 Posts
BNR32 alcantara retrim offered by Nismo is done by a small company in Chiba I believe. Price isn't too bad and quality is 1st rate

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
Thh Nismo retrim looks excellent, the only retrim I'd have from what I've seen on the links. Material look top class, materials nice and tight on the seats etc, (the others look like seat covers that don't fit properly, especially in the second link!).

Alex B

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Got my superios interior today. Looks pretty good, not the same leaque than Robson but you get what you pay :)

pic

Tomorrow we se how those will fit.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts