GTR Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, hopefully i'm going to be fitting one of these to my car at the weekend and was just wondering if any of you out there that have fitted one of these to your car had any tips for me? also can anyone tell what the bit of wire that sits in the top of the cover is for?? is it just something that nismo put in there for shipping or to do with lining the plates up when fitting the clutch as surly it would be in the way of the release bearing if fitted to the car ? :confused:

thanks Matt

·
Skyline Section Manager
11,878 Posts
Hi Matt,

The wire is just for shipping. I have one of these. Awesome clutch, its quiet, light and grips like hell. You can't go wrong..

Fitting, well, it's just like a normal one.

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
+1 on that. Best damned clutch ever. Don't even need to use a Nismo slave cylinder, and I regularly drive in rush hour Seoul traffic, which is as bad as you can imagine.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks lads thought as much

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
right fitted the clutch on Friday and all went smoothly, but the clutch doesn’t bite till I’m almost off the pedal which is making it very hard for me to come off the clutch smoothly so making it very grabby this it is first car I’ve driven with a twin plate but surely the clutch isn’t meant to biting just as I come off the pedal? I mean driven cars with AP paddle clutches in before and they've never this bad, has anyone got any idea's or know if I can maybe adjust the pedal height?

thanks matt:runaway:

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
yeah, the engagement point is a bit touchy and near the top of the pedal, but trust me, it doesn't take long to get used to :)

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cool thanks was getting worried that we done something wrong but couldn't think what as everything went like clock work, other than that it's a great clutch nice and light in fact it's lighter than the nismo single plate that was in there

·
Registered
366 Posts
when you guys are saying "light" you are talking about pedal feel correct?

because wieght wise, isnt it a heavy bitch at about 13kgs?

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
yeah, it's definitely relative. Using the stock clutch cylinder only, it is the heaviest clutch pedal I have ever used on a regular basis. However, it is not so heavy as one might expect, and is certainly quite usable on a daily basis, to the point where I didn't really notice the weight of the pedal anymore.

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
It took me a little to get used to mine as well. I like the light
pedal pressure, it does grip like hell, love it. Very streetable.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts