GTR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Part number 14411-06U00 Nismo turbo's.
Are they any good?
Seen a pair for what looks to be a good price in Japan.
I'm after around 500 horses (flywheel) and want to keep the car both nice and responsive, and (for now) on stock internals. Will these do the trick, or am I better saving up for some 2860 -7's?

·
Registered
154 Posts
turbos

got a pair on my 32 which made 440 whp so over 500 at the flywheel,
It has 264 cams , z32s, sard 700s and this was at 1.4 bar.
Find they are bit laggier than stock coming on strong at 4000

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That sounds promising. Will have a think and make decision this week. They are 500 quid, with 62 quid shipping, and I dare say some import duty on top which could push em over 600. Is that decent or would I be better putting a bit more to and getting some bb core ones...

·
Registered
154 Posts
n1

the price sounds about right- same as I paid but I then had them re built ,not because they were bad -it was a peace of mind thing. This cost £500 so for only a bit more I could have had bb ones but money was tight!
Its a big job doing the turbos so think hard -you might even want to think about a single as the power is unfortunately addictive and even though its not needed its very easy to get lured in!

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Haha, I know what you mean mate, was the same with my last car. Never happy and constantly chasing the next upgrade. Promised myself i'll keep this nice to drive on the road and not spend a fortune on an engine build again. Bolt on bits only, already got a decent ecu and exhaust so just need injectors and turbos for decent power :)

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Maybe one day mate, sounds a lot of work, manifold, downpipe, oil lines to make and external wastgegate to fit etc. has anyone put a gt3076r on one btw? Would that be a very responsive 530 ish horsepower? Or is it too small for the RB?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts